Celebrating the past, looking to the futureBuilt by R. and W. Construction Co. of Little Rock, Ark., with a white spire that rises 62 feet above ground, the First Christian Church in Cassville opened its newly built doors on Jan. 17, 1971....
Awards, emotional speech mark Chamber BanquetThe speaker for the annual Chamber Banquet at Cassville High School Saturday was former school administrator Terry Jamieson, who gave an at times emotional speech about his daughter’s recovery from...
- 2 injured in 76 wreck (1/23/20)
- Seligman man dies in wreck (1/22/20)
- Cassville man who died as POW now accounted for (1/22/20)
- BarCo budget requests seek 5 percent spending hike (1/22/20)
- Purdy mayor resigning (1/22/20)
- Southwest reviews response to lockdown (1/22/20)
- Getting done with the sickness (1/22/20)
- Cassville speakers to present at ag conference (1/22/20)
- Technology added in Purdy classrooms (1/22/20)
- Squatters continue to plague local landowners (1/22/20)
- News briefs (1/22/20)
- Man who caused lockdown at Southwest jailed (1/16/20)
- Lockdown lifted at Southwest (1/15/20)
- City of Cassville weighs 7th Street bridge options (1/15/20)
- Resident following up on new animal control plan (1/15/20)
- Election filing deadline approaches (1/15/20)
- Roaring River recognized with Governor’s Award (1/15/20)
- Homecoming this week at Purdy High School (1/15/20)
- BarCo Soils and Crops Conference to focus on forage (1/15/20)
- Moore to read: Local author releases second book (1/15/20)
- 2 injured in 76 wreck
- Squatters continue to plague local landowners
- Seligman man dies in wreck
- Show Choir lights up stage
- Awards, emotional speech mark Chamber Banquet
- Media hype Cassville quintet
- Cassville man who died as POW now accounted for
- Getting done with the sickness
- Celebrating the past, looking to the future
- BarCo budget requests seek 5 percent spending hike
- Media hype Cassville quintetThe Missouri Media finally released its All-State football lists after several days of reviewing stats submitted by coaches. The media members only chose First and Second Team athletes, making the list competitive and difficult to narrow down. For Cassville, the state media members reserved five spots...
FOOTBALL: Cassville vs Odessa, state championship (12-07-19) (12/7/19)
FOOTBALL: Cassville h Trinity Catholic, state semifinals (11-30-19) (11/30/19)
FOOTBALL: Cassville at Blair Oaks, state quarterfinals (11-23-19) (11/25/19)
FOOTBALL: Cassville h Seneca, District Playoffs (11-15-19) (11/15/19)
FOOTBALL: Cassville h Aurora, District Playoffs (11-01-19) (11/1/19)
FOOTBALL: Cassville at Lamar (10-25-19) (10/26/19)
FOOTBALL: Cassville h Reeds Spring (10-18-19) (10/18/19)
FOOTBALL: Cassville h Nevada (10-11-19) (10/11/19)
Church offers food boxes for seniors, low-income residents (1/22/20)People may sign up on Jan. 24 for the Senior Commodities Food Box USDA Program. Program openings are available and applications for Free Senior Food Boxes through the USDA Commodity Supplemental Food Program will be accepted from 1:30-3 p.m. on Jan....
IDC names new board member (1/22/20)The Cassville Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) held its annual meeting of stockholders on Jan. 16. During the meeting, Devan Scroggins was elected by stockholders to fill the expiring board seat held by Stu Gatley. Gatley declined to run...
Medicare counseling results in significant savings for area seniors (1/22/20)Central Crossing Senior Center’s volunteer Medicare counselors recently finished their work with area seniors again this year. Due to their efforts, 134 clients were counseled and saved $13,113.20. This represents a significant savings and is money...
Pet of the Week (1/22/20)Meet Wompus, the Haven of the Ozarks Pet of the Week.
Nicky Joe “Nick” Vanderpool (1/22/20)Nicky Joe “Nick” Vanderpool, 42, of Purdy, passed away Wednesday, Jan. 15, 2020, at his home. He was born April 22, 1977, in Monett, the son of Ricky Joe “Rick” and Charlene “Charlie” (Carter)...
Gail J. (Rearrick) Stoeckert (1/22/20)Gail J. (Rearrick) Stoeckert, 66, of Wheaton, passed away Thursday, Jan. 16, 2020, at Cox Medical Center South in Springfield. She was born Dec. 25, 1953, in Pratt, Kan., the daughter of Bob and Ann...
Belva (Whisman) Pozek (1/22/20)Belva (Whisman) Pozek, 96, of Shell Knob, passed away on Friday, Jan. 10, 2020, at Brighton Ridge in Eureka Springs, Ark. She was born Oct. 2, 1923, in Shell Knob, the daughter of Millard and Maudie...
Ryan Courtland Hodgson (1/22/20)Ryan Courtland Hodgson, 43, of Wylie, Texas, passed away Monday, Jan. 6, 2020, at his home. He was born April 18, 1976, in Jackson, Tenn., the son of John Hodgson and Claudia Weston. On April 18,...
Rita Fay Craig (1/22/20)Rita Fay Craig, age 82, of Cassville, Missouri, passed away Wednesday, January 15, 2020 at Cox Medical Center South in Springfield, Missouri. She was born November 7, 1937, in McDonald County,...
Ella Mae Burns (1/22/20)Ella Mae Burns, 94, of Seligman, passed away Thursday, Jan. 16, 2020, at her home. She was born Nov. 1, 1925, in Seligman, the daughter of George Washington and Sarah Francis Louisa (Gann) Crabaugh....
Monett Branch Library, Full Time Library Assistant, Youth ServicesFull time position available immediately at the Monett Branch Library. Duties include, but are not limited to, organizing and conducting all children’s programming and events including preschool story time, homeschool student programs, summer...
Help WantedHELP WANTED: Family business looking for a reliable, honest, mature person for tractor parts shipping/receiving and customer parts counter work. Person needs to be organized and detail oriented, and able to life 50lbs or more. Strong computer skills and good mechanical knowledge required; farm background and interest on tractors very helpful. Full time position with hourly wage starting at $10.50 p/hr negotiable according to qualifications, tractor IQ, experience and performance. Apply in...
Duplexes for RentNEIGHBORHOOD AT Deer lake. Prime location: warm upscale, 2 bdrm, 2 bath. Quiet neighborhood. Walking distance of shops/restaurants. Private patio & garage. $675 month. Call 417-773-8948.
PetsFREE TO good home, 2 Yorkie puppies re-homing, AKC reg, contact me via email for more details. email@example.com.
Latest State News