- Moderna vaccine available in Cassville (4/17/21)
- County’s COVID cases in single digits (4/16/21)
- Johnson & Johnson vaccines embargoed (4/14/21)
- Low turnout election produces tight races (4/14/21)
- Incumbents hold Purdy School Board seats (4/14/21)
- Purdy man facing 6 felonies (4/14/21)
- Turning ‘Trash to Treasure’ (4/14/21)
- Wheaton Prom-goers bust a move (4/14/21)
- ‘Cafe Murder’ entertains at high school (4/14/21)
- Happy 103 to Clayton Montgomery (4/14/21)
- News briefs (4/14/21)
- Cassville man injured in motorcycle wreck (4/12/21)
- Washburn man injured in wreck (4/9/21)
- 17 new COVID cases logged in last 2 weeks (4/8/21)
- $5K reward offered for fugitive’s whereabouts (4/8/21)
- Purdy announces new superintendent (4/7/21)
- Piece of history found in donation box (4/7/21)
- Local man survives two pandemics, celebrates 103 years (4/7/21)
- Join the fun in who-dun-it (4/7/21)
- New public information, education trooper assigned (4/7/21)
- Purdy man facing 6 felonies
- $5K reward offered for fugitive’s whereabouts
- County’s COVID cases in single digits
- Moderna vaccine available in Cassville
- City meets country in ‘A Farce of Nature’
- ‘Cafe Murder’ entertains at high school
- Turning ‘Trash to Treasure’
- Scoreboard — April 14
- Mattingly, Rose named Exeter Prom royalty
- Wheaton Prom-goers bust a move
- Seymour named MHVCA Assistant Coach of YearCassville High School Assistant Volleyball Coach Chris Seymour knew at some point in the fall he would have to assume head coaching duties for the volleyball team, but what he did not expect was the spring recognition he would receive for doing so. Seymour has been named the Class 3 Missouri High School Volleyball Coaches Association (MHSVCA) Assistant Coach of the Year. ...
Roaring River Opening Day 2021 (3/2/21)
Purdy Christmas Parade 2020 (12/23/20)
Cassville Christmas Parade 2020 (12/9/20)
FOOTBALL: Cassville at Maryville (State Semifinal), 11/28/20 (11/29/20)
FOOTBALL: Cassville h Buffalo (State Quarterfinal), 11/21/20 (11/21/20)
FOOTBALL: Cassville h Mt. Vernon (District Championship), 11/13/20 (11/13/20)
FOOTBALL: Cassville h McDonald County, 10/23/20 (10/23/20)
FOOTBALL: Cassville h Seneca, 10/9/20 (10/9/20)
Bob Mitchell: Water concerns should to be addressed nowI haven’t seen a full report on the Army Corps of Engineers’ recently released Reservoir Plan for Table Rock Lake, but there is obviously a disappointing factor if news reports are full and accurate. The use of the lake’s waters by municipalities was a hot item several years ago. At the time, some city of Cassville officials were interested and involved in efforts that could lead to such a possible program being initiated by the government...
Bob Mitchell: Meaningful article found in my mother’s BibleMoving can be related as pure and simple “for the pits” but can in a few instances be rewarding. Such was the case when Shelley’s unpacking came across one of my mother’s Bibles. This particular Old and New Testament volume had her name inscribed in gold on the front...
Bob Mitchell: Easter living cross memories and thoughtsTo say Easter isn’t what it was over four decades ago would probably be unfair to today’s generations, so I will just call it different. The activities of this special holiday observing the resurrection of Jesus Christ was nearly a production 82 years ago, when my generation was in the fourth and fifth grades...
Kyle Troutman: Credit to responders after a busy weekThe last week has been one where local law enforcement and first responders have put in plenty of hours and deserve some recognition. On Friday, authorities and first responders spent hours in Purdy knocking down a house fire, a blaze attributed to cooking grease getting out of control...
Pet of the Week (4/14/21)Meet Hyde, the Haven of the Ozarks Pet of the Week.
Pet of the Week (4/7/21)Meet Annie Cat, the Haven of the Ozarks Pet of the Week.
Pet of the Week (3/24/21)Meet Samantha, the Haven of the Ozarks Pet of the Week.
Chuck Terrill: Get out of the way, preacher! (3/24/21)The History Channel once aired a docudrama called “The Bible.” It portrayed favorite stories from the Bible. The ten-hour long series covered biblical scenes from Genesis to the book of Revelation. We were at church on Sunday evenings when it aired,...
Cassville wins big at virtual Big 8 Tournament (4/14/21)Cassville High School Speech and Debate students recently competed in the virtual Big 8 Tournament.
Pittsburg State releases fall honor rolls (4/14/21)Pittsburg State University has released the honor rolls for the 2020 fall semester, and 17 bi-county natives are included. Jacob T. Hall, of Cassville, is a sophomore majoring in History/government...
Cassville students named to All District Honor Choir (4/14/21)After submitting a virtual auditions, 11 Cassville High School Choir students have earned a spot in the All District Honor Choir.
Cassville Elementary names February Students of Month (4/14/21)Eunice Thomas Elementary announces Kinder Academy students of the month for February.
Purdy Elementary names January Acceptance Medalists (4/7/21)Purdy Elementary Principal Julie Dalton and Purdy Elementary Counselor Gary Jurgensen presented the school’s January Acceptance Medalists. Front row, from left: Abby Nickol, Kinleigh Rock, Zayden...
Robert Kent “Bob” Ray (4/14/21)Robert Kent “Bob” Ray, 90, died Thursday, April 8, 2021, at his home in Jenkins. He was born to Oleah H. Ray and Ethel Nora Teague Ray on May 7, 1930. A lifetime resident of Barry County, he was...
Rebecca Lyn Harrell (4/14/21)Rebecca Lyn Harrell, 59, of Aurora, passed away Monday, April 5, 2021, in Fulton. She was born July 10, 1961, in Monett, the daughter of Calvin and Ruby (Myers) Leamon. On Oct. 4, 2008, in Eureka...
Caroline Elizabeth Carr (4/14/21)Caroline Elizabeth Carr, age 23, of Cassville, Missouri, passed away Thursday, April 8, 2021, at Mercy Hospital in Springfield, Missouri. She was born May 26, 1997, in Springfield, Missouri, the...
Donald Lynn Arnold (4/14/21)Donald Lynn Arnold, 64, of Washburn, passed away Friday, April 9, 2021, at his home. He was born June 17, 1956, in Wheaton, the son of J. C. and Barbara (Laney) Arnold, who preceded him in death....
Nina Mae Alexander (4/14/21)Nina Mae Alexander, 88, of Shell Knob, passed away Sunday, April 4, 2021, at Republic Nursing and Rehab in Republic. She was born Feb. 14, 1933, in Akron, Colo., the daughter of Leroy and Velma (Cox)...
Verna Marie Wolf (4/7/21)Verna Marie Wolf, 83, of Cassville, passed away on Wednesday, March 31, 2021, at her home. She was born on Jan. 14,1938, to Fred and Bessie (Means) King in Stilwell, Okla. She married Mitchell Wolf,...
Real Estate for SalePUBLISHER'S NOTICE: All real estate advertised herein is subject to the Federal Fair Housing Act, which makes it illegal to advertise "any preference, limitation, or discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin, or intention to make any such preference, limitation or discrimination. We will not knowingly accept any advertising for real estate which is in violation of the law. All persons are hereby informed that all dwellings advertised...
Special NoticesIMPORTANT INFORMATION : Please check your ad the first day of publication. If it contains an error, report it to The Monett Times Classified Department. Errors will be corrected and credit will be issued for the first day of publications only. The Monett Times shall not be liable for any loss or expense that results from the publication (whether published correctly or not) or omission of an advertisement.
Miscellaneous for SaleFACTORY DIRECT Mattress. Now open in Monett. 209 3rd St. 235-5681.
Latest State News