60-year-old downtown barbershop plans to stay the sameIt’s been said that some things never change, and in the case of Rex Stumpff’s Barber Shop at 609 Main St., where it has been serving customers since 1974, the saying holds true. With the Cassville...
Thornton steps down as Seligman mayorSeligman Mayor Garry Thornton has stepped down from his position with the city. Thornton resigned at a board meeting on July 25, albeit reluctantly, citing medical reasons for his decision. He was...
- School students excited for stellar event (8/18/17)
- Library seeing potential gains in new fiscal year (8/16/17)
- Southwest projects continue to progress (8/16/17)
- Alleged Yonkerville Store burglar captured in Monett (8/16/17)
- 2 charged in theft of bag at Stage Stop in Butterfield (8/16/17)
- Annual Wheaton BBQ offers fun-filled day at the park (8/16/17)
- Branson man arrested for Exeter theft (8/16/17)
- Students sport new Hoverboards (8/16/17)
- News briefs (8/16/17)
- Woman injured in wreck near Washburn (8/14/17)
- Washburn teen injured, arrested after wreck (8/11/17)
- Head-on collision injured 2 near Golden (8/11/17)
- Cassville man dies in Hwy. 60 wreck (8/10/17)
- Aurora mail truck burns, destroys mail (8/9/17)
- Alternative lunch options go by wayside (8/9/17)
- 60-year-old downtown barbershop plans to stay the same
- Students sport new Hoverboards
- Wildcats seeking to reclaim jungle honors
- 2 charged in theft of bag at Stage Stop in Butterfield
- Cassville anglers win NYFA title
- Wildcats held scoreless in Lamar loss
- Thornton steps down as Seligman mayor
- School students excited for stellar event
- Branson man arrested for Exeter theft
- Cassville man dies in Hwy. 60 wreck
- Wildcats seeking to reclaim jungle honorsA simple message is being taught this week as the Wildcats football team welcomes Lamar to town on Friday to open the season — forget the past. Cassville Coach Lance Parnell has told his team that being mentally tough is a huge part of football. “We know we are going to make mistakes on the field, it will happen,” Parnell said. “But, it is how we respond to those mistakes that displays our growth.”...
2017 Purdy Festival (7/19/17)
Shell Knob Fireworks Show 2017 (7/4/17)
Carson & Barnes CircusSaurus 2017 (5/24/17)
Cassville High School Graduation 2017 (5/24/17)
Purdy vs. Strafford (State Championship) (5/21/17)
Purdy vs. Lincoln (State Semifinals) (5/20/17)
Purdy High School graduation (5/17/17)
Purdy-Pierce City Softball State Quarterfinal (5/13/17)
Cassville library offers helpful Tech Tutor resource (8/16/17)With technology changing at the speed of light and new applications, it can be hard to keep up, even for those who pride themselves on being good at it. But no matter one's knowledge or level, the Cassville library has a great resource that can...
Report finds that MU Extension provides tenfold return on funding (8/16/17)A recently completed assessment of University of Missouri Extension found that with an annual investment of $84 million (2016), MU Extension generated dividends totaling nearly $945 million. The findings, part of a report developed by TEConomy...
Royers compete, take wins at Purdy Festival (8/16/17)Hayden Royer competed in the Purdy Festival FFA Livestock Show and Sale July 15, taking Grand Champion Market Hog.
Extension shares outdoor water management techniques (8/9/17)As much as 80 percent of the water used around the home during the summer is for outside uses, according to Kelly McGowan, horticulture educator, University of Missouri Extension. "Watering the lawn is one of the main outside uses of water," McGowan...
Cecil L. Williams (8/16/17)Cecil L. Williams, 63, of Stella, passed away Tuesday, Aug. 8, 2017, at Freeman Hospital in Neosho. He was born Jan. 18, 1954, in Joplin, the son of Wilburn and Alma (Mullins) Williams. On Oct. 15,...
Richard A. Watt (Rick) (8/16/17)Richard A. Watt (Rick), 75, of Clovis, California, died Sunday, August 6, 2017. Born in Wichita, Kansas, on February 1, 1942, he was the youngest son of Theodore Franklin and Beth Marie (Hagadorne)...
Patricia Louise Salyer (8/16/17)Patricia Louise Salyer, 70, of Cassville, passed away Tuesday, Aug. 8, 2017, at her home. She was born Feb. 12, 1947, in Newark, the daughter of Orville and Nellie Marie (Crone) Vanskike. She married...
Shelly Sachs (8/16/17)Shelly Sachs, 51, of Springfield, passed away on Thursday, Aug. 10, 2017, at home. She was born Meschell Ann Warren in Exeter, on Aug. 2, 1966, to Cherry and Ann Warren. She married Aaron Sachs on...
Ricky R. Madison (8/16/17)Ricky R. Madison, 60, of Cassville, passed away on Wednesday, Aug. 9, 2017, at Cassville Health Care and Rehab. He was born on Jan. 24, 1957, son of Eugene and Sharon (Weller) Madison, in...
Norma G. Lawrence (8/16/17)Norma G. Lawrence, 88, of Washburn, passed away Wednesday, Aug. 9, 2017, at Cassville Health Care and Rehabilitation Center. She was born July 13, 1929, in Barry County, the daughter of Perry and Eva...
4 Family Yard SaleLots of toys, some furniture, kids clothing. Some new quilts and crafts. Saturday, August 19, 8 - 2. 416 Honeysuckle Lane, Monett Bridgeport subdivision, just off Eisenhower.
Garage SalesGARAGE SALE: Friday & Saturday. Storage building corner of Eisenhower & Hwy 37. Good clean items.
ProduceTOMATOES! SLICING, Canning, U-Pik available. 10 miles West of Monett on Hwy 60. 417-476-5454.
Apartments for RentNICE 2 bedroom, CH/A, w/d hook-up, fridge, stove, carport, deck. No pets. In Pierce City. $525/$525. 417-489-3077.