BarCo E911 celebrates a decade of serviceMore than 3,650 days ago, the Barry County E911 center took its first call, and on Friday, the center celebrated its 10-year anniversary during National Telecommunicators Week. Mike Phillips,...
Owner of dogs killed in Eagle Rock advocates at capitolFriday marked one month since Dani and Sam Johnson’s three labradors were shot to death and mutilated in Eagle Rock, and the owners say they plan to keep the pressure on the case, as it remains...
- Prosecutor releases statement on case of dogs killed (4/19/18)
- Arkansas man chased into Barry County (4/18/18)
- Business owner to update entrance after customer sustains head injury (4/18/18)
- Purdy aldermen review infrastructure improvements (4/18/18)
- 'Seligman man gets 7 years for meth (4/18/18)
- Local builder discovers forgotten business on Main Street (4/18/18)
- Cassville School Board reorganizes, recognizes outgoing members, swears in new (4/18/18)
- Purdy Prom brings out fashion, dancing moves (4/18/18)
- News briefs (4/18/18)
- 3 arrested for drugs after traffic stop in Cassville (4/13/18)
- Administration give passionate speeches on Day of Kindness (4/11/18)
- Write-ins determine winners in Washburn (4/11/18)
- Dream of home ownership comes true for Cassville family (4/11/18)
- Museum hosting Ozark 7 Art Show (4/11/18)
- Drug task force nets 16 arrests in March (4/11/18)
- Owner of dogs killed in Eagle Rock advocates at capitol
- Prosecutor releases statement on case of dogs killed
- Arkansas man chased into Barry County
- Business owner to update entrance after customer sustains head injury
- Purdy Prom brings out fashion, dancing moves
- 'Seligman man gets 7 years for meth
- Mock court proceeding presented at Safe and Sober assembly
- Local builder discovers forgotten business on Main Street
- Cassville School Board reorganizes, recognizes outgoing members, swears in new
- Family mourns three dogs shot in Eagle Rock
- More track honors for WildcatsThe Cassville boys track team had solid showing at the East Newton and Nixa meets last week. The highlight for the Wildcats was a team third place at East Newton. Results are as follows: First place • Long jump: Austin Wilson, 20-1.25 • 400-meter: Austin Wilson, 51.37...
Roaring River Opening Day 2018 (3/2/18)
Snow Day — Jan. 15, 2018 (1/17/18)
Purdy Christmas Parade (12/20/17)
2017 Cassville Chili and Salsa Cook-Off (11/1/17)
Eagle Rock Car Daze and Howl-O-Ween Festival (11/1/17)
FOOTBALL: Cassville h Reeds Spring (District Semis) (10-27-17) (10/28/17)
FOOTBALL: Cassville at Mt. Vernon (10-13-17) (10/13/17)
FOOTBALL: Cassville h Aurora (10-6-17) (10/7/17)
BarCo Museum recognizes volunteers with luncheon (4/18/18)In recognition of National Volunteer Appreciation Month, the Barry County Museum held its annual Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon at the museum in Cassville on Friday.
Cassville YMCA wants youth to ‘Charge into Summer’ (4/18/18)On Friday, April 27, the Cassville YMCA is holding a free community event to inspire more youth to keep their minds and bodies active at the annual YMCA’s Healthy Kids Day, the Y’s national initiative to improve health and well-being for kids and...
Local businesses participate in Wildcat Wednesdays (4/18/18)Area businesses are joining forces to support the Cassville Education Fund on Wildcat Wednesdays in April.
Hospice Compassus seeking non-medical volunteers (4/18/18)Hospice Compassus will be conducting training for persons interested in becoming non-medical volunteers. The training will take place from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday, April 25, at the Hospice Compassus office located at 845 Hwy. 60, Suite A, in...
Robert “Bob” Witt (4/18/18)Robert “Bob” Witt, 78, of Pierce City, died on Saturday, April 14, 2018, at his home in Pierce City. Mr. Witt was born in Barry County, on Thursday, June 08, 1939. He was the son of Raymond and Marie...
Jimmy L. O’Dell (4/18/18)Jimmy L. O’Dell, 79, of Golden, passed away Friday, April 6, 2018, at his home. He was born July 17, 1938, in Grovespring, the son of Arvel and Opal (O’Dell) O’Dell. On Nov. 3, 1992, in Miami, Okla.,...
Timothy Patrick Frisinger (4/11/18)Timothy Patrick Frisinger, 60, of Exeter, passed away Sunday, April 8, 2018, at his home. He was born June 1, 1957, in Joplin, the son of Neal and Peggy (Gaurd) Frisinger. On May 16, 1990, in Miami,...
Shirley Lois Gaffga (4/11/18)Shirley Lois Gaffga, 78, of Shell Knob, passed away Sunday, April 1, 2018, at her home. She was born March 27, 1940, in Paris, Mo., the daughter of Harold and Norine (Smith) Timmons. She married Jim...
Douglas Lee Stellwagen (4/4/18)Douglas Lee Stellwagen, 61, of Monett, passed away Friday, March 30, 2018. He was born to Harlan and Annabelle (Spencer) Stellwagen on Nov. 5, 1956, in Monett. On June 22, 1974, he was united in...
Sylvania Maye Rasmussen (4/4/18)Sylvania Maye Rasmussen, 66, of Washburn, passed away in her home on Monday, April 2, 2018. She was born Aug. 20, 1951, in Seligman, the daughter of Harold Amos Lloyd and Loretta Ellen Bargay. She...
Help WantedNOW ACCEPTING Applications: Outside Laborer. Must be able to work in dusty environments and various weather conditions. Weekday hours with some overtime. Extended Summer hours and weekends during harvest. Apply in person. Experience Necessary. Scoular (grain elevator), 8651 Farm Road 2115, Purdy, MO 65734.
Help WantedDRAFTER/ESTIMATOR wanted. Growing company is currently seeking a full time drafter. Knowledge of and experience using AUTOCAD is a must, 3D experience is a plus. Knowledge of materials take-off and steel detailing experience are a plus. Our company manufactures floating docks in Shell Knob, MO and constructs marinas all over the U.S.A. Compensation: Commensurate with experience for eligible candidate. Boat Dock Installer wanted. Travel required. Please call 417-858-8814 or forward your...
Houses for RentHOUSE FOR Rent. 3 bedroom, 2 bath Ranch with detached 2 car garage in nice neighborhood. 1 mile from Monett. $800 a month. Call 417-236-0417 and leave a message.
Help WantedUTILITY CONTRACTOR looking for year round truck driver with a Class A CDL, linemen, operators, ground men and laborers. Travel required. Needs ambition. 479-789-2550.