Community

Pet of the week

Hi, Harrison here! I have some stories to tell. My latest adventure is when I was hanging around the Haven with my travel companion, Hattie. Her and I were scared as we kept dodging cars, coyotes and wandering in the pasture with cows.
Read MorePet of the week

CS Bank’s Manley receives award

Jason Tennant, president and chief lending officer at CS Bank, is pleased to announce Mickey Belle Manley has been selected by the Arkansas Bankers Association to receive the Bill Holmes Leadership Award, in honor of former ABA President Bill Holmes (1949-2018). This prestigious distinction recognizes outstanding leadership among the emerging leaders in Arkansas banking.
Read MoreCS Bank’s Manley receives award

Through the years, Nov. 29

40 YEARS AGO: FIRST PLACE FLOAT WINNERS — Cassville’s Christmas parade had judges rating these two floats first place in respective divisions. Pictured is the First United Methodist Church float ranked first in religious category. Democrat file photo
Read MoreThrough the years, Nov. 29

Exeter youth places in 4-H competition

Raeleigh Brown, 9, of Exeter competed on Sept. 23 at the Missouri State 4-H public speaking competition in Columbia, where she placed second in the junior division (ages 8-10). Junior 4-H members write, prepare and present a 3-5 minute speech to a panel of judges. During the competition, Brown spoke about “No Horsin’ Around,” which explained her journey of learning about horses through her 4-H project. She is a member of the Exeter Trailblazers 4-H. Over the summer, Brown competed at county and regional competition where she placed first in the junior division public speaking at each respective competition. Contributed photo
Read MoreExeter youth places in 4-H competition