City wraps up survey, makes plan for parksNow that the city of Cassville has wrapped up its online survey asking residents for their opinions on usage and potential improvements of its park system, it is moving forward with a grant...
From citrus to cows, Stark City family grows own foodIn the dead of Missouri winter, members of a local family pluck lemons, oranges and grapefruits from trees in their greenhouse. Lee Allphin and son, Jim, enjoy the steady supply of flavorful fruits...
- Local legislators question Governor's ability to lead (2/23/18)
- Activity by Juvenile Office rises slightly in 2017 (2/21/18)
- Purdy explores new fence ordinance (2/21/18)
- Purdy aldermen wrestle with ordinance enforcement (2/21/18)
- Local officials discuss recent spate of crime (2/21/18)
- Protecting local school children (2/21/18)
- Library district to allow sale of items at programs (2/21/18)
- Wheaton Historical Society dinner warms Valentines hearts (2/21/18)
- Local church opens pantry exclusively for toiletries (2/21/18)
- Ice-lined branches create beautiful scenes across county (2/21/18)
- Local ministry selling candy bouquets, paintings (2/21/18)
- News briefs (2/21/18)
- Local schools dismissing early (2/21/18)
- Veterans living in woods prompt concern from area residents (2/14/18)
- ‘Super Snacks’ fly into Southwest (2/14/18)
- Goal-oriented ‘Cats state-bound
- Another year, another step forward
- 13-year-old Exeter sinkhole creates large crater
- Lady Wildcats aims for next step as districts approach
- City wraps up survey, makes plan for parks
- Coaching carousel begins early for Cassville
- Local officials discuss recent spate of crime
- Protecting local school children
- Wildcats have work to do
- Purdy explores new fence ordinance
- Another year, another step forwardDeep in the hallway underneath the stands of Mizzou Arena, with his hands on his knees, sweat dripping from his body, Cassville senior Wyatt Goade managed enough strength to smile when his coach Nathan Fortner said how proud he was. For the second consecutive year, Goade raised the bar and standard for Cassville wrestling with a state medal, this year, the senior ended his career with a fifth-place finish to beat his sixth place final last year...
Snow Day — Jan. 15, 2018 (1/17/18)
Purdy Christmas Parade (12/20/17)
2017 Cassville Chili and Salsa Cook-Off (11/1/17)
Eagle Rock Car Daze and Howl-O-Ween Festival (11/1/17)
FOOTBALL: Cassville h Reeds Spring (District Semis) (10-27-17) (10/28/17)
FOOTBALL: Cassville at Mt. Vernon (10-13-17) (10/13/17)
FOOTBALL: Cassville h Aurora (10-6-17) (10/7/17)
FOOTBALL: Cassville h Monett (9-22-17) (9/22/17)
Search on for Century Farms in southwest Missouri (2/21/18)If your farm has been in the family since Dec. 31, 1918, you can apply to have it recognized as a Missouri Century Farm. To qualify, farms must meet the following guidelines: • The same family must have owned the farm for 100 consecutive years • ...
Pet of the Week (2/21/18)Meet Riva, the Haven of the Ozarks Pet of the Week. Riva is a gorgeous, 12-year old Shepherd mix who has resided at the Haven most of her life.
Extension shares ideas on using legumes to improve cattle grazing fescue pastures (2/21/18)Are your cattle performing poorly during the summer? Do your cattle show symptoms of fescue toxicosis during the late spring and through the summer? Are you wanting to increase pasture forage production, quality and cattle carrying capacity through...
Nollers hold groundbreaking (2/14/18)Virginia and Steve Noller are excited that their dream of downsizing and simplifying their lives is becoming a reality. The couple recently purchased a double lot at Mountain View Estates from Shell Knob Seniors, Inc., a non-profit corporation that...
Brandi Lynn Werneburg (2/21/18)Brandi Lynn Werneburg, 33, of Purdy, passed away Friday, Feb. 9, 2018, at Cox Medical Center South in Springfield. She was born Dec. 3, 1984, in California the daughter of William and April...
Danette J. Stillwell (2/21/18)Danette J. Stillwell, 43, of Golden, passed away Thursday, Feb. 8, 2018, at Mercy Hospital in Berryville, Ark. She was born Feb. 21, 1974, in San Francisco, Calif., the daughter of Ray and Margaret...
Douglas Allen Rainwater (2/21/18)Douglas Allen Rainwater, 49, of Seligman, passed away Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018, at his home. He was born Jan. 5, 1969, in Michigan the son of Clyde and Betty (Emmons) Rainwater. Survivors include: his...
Jerry Calvin Phillips (2/21/18)Jerry Calvin Phillips, 78, of Butler, passed away Monday, Feb. 12, 2018, at Cassville Health and Rehabilitation Center. He was born Jan. 6, 1940, in Monett, the son of Joseph L. and Viola Fern...
Wilma “Susie” Noel (2/21/18)Wilma “Susie” Noel, age 83, of Mt. Vernon, passed away Monday, Feb. 12, 2018, at Cox Medical Center South in Springfield. She was born Feb. 3, 1935, in Nixa, the daughter of Jess and Merl (Bowling)...
Peggy Miller (2/21/18)Peggy Miller, 79, of Ridgley, passed away Thursday, Feb. 8, 2018, at her sister’s home in Cassville. She was born Jan. 15, 1939, near Bartlesville, Okla., the daughter of Dorothy (White) Payne and...
Apartments for RentFOR RENT: 2 bedroom, 1 bath apartment in Monett. Central H/A, W/D hook-ups. $525 deposit, $525 rent. Call 417-489-8883. Available now.
Houses for RentFOR RENT: 2 or 3 bedroom, 1 bath house in Aurora. $525 rent, $525 deposit. Available now. 417-489-8883.
Wanted Truck DriverNeeded Truck Driver with CDL class A license. 300 mile radius of Monett. Semi truck Bulk Trailer. Small local company. Call 417-235-2545
PetsFOUND: 2 dogs near Lowe's. Call and Identify. 417-342-3148.