Silver Discovery hosting senior expo in September
Event in Monett offering information, exhibits
The Silver Discovery program will host a new event in September aimed at helping those dealing with senior life issues and in need of resources and information.
The Silver Discovery Senior Expo, which is free and open to the public, will be held Sept. 28 from 8 a.m. to noon at the Clark Center Compton Building, located at 411 3rd Street in Monett.
The purpose of the Silver Discovery Group is for providers to meet and learn about each other’s services in their mutual goal of meeting the physical and emotional needs of seniors, as well as enhance their lives.
The following groups will host presentations and breakout sessions on informational topics:
• Hospice Compassus & Oak Pointe Assisted Living, Advance Directives and Notary Services
• Lacoba Homes Inc., Medicare vs Advantage Plans
• Mercy Cassville’s Senior Life Solutions, Improving Quality of Life in Aging
• OACAC, Weatherization Assistance Program and Tips
• Integrity Home Health, Dementia Symptoms and Caregiver Care
• Instead, Senior Fraud
• CLAIMS, Medicare Advocate will assist with Medicare needs (please bring Medicare card)
Other exhibitors with valuable resources include:
• Southwest Center for Independent Living
• Aurora Nursing Center
• Avalon Hospice
• Planned Wellness
• Mo. Department of Health & Senior Services, Senior & Disability Services
• Clark Center
• Cox Monett Hospital
Coffee and donuts will be served at the event, and door prizes will be awarded.
Susan Poehling, Senior Life Solutions program director, said the expo has been a dream of hers for some time.
“We’ve wanted an expo with the presenters right there to give people hands-on help,” she said. “An event like this has been one of my visions all along.”
For more information, people may call 417-847-6042. Anyone who would like to be a presenter or host a booth may contact Kathy Shepard at 417-235-3500.