Winter weather leads to school closings
Events canceled as 6 inches of snow blanket area
More than 6 inches of snow blanketed parts of the Barry and Lawrence county area Sunday and Monday, leading to multiple school closings and event cancelations.
The following bi-county schools will be closed on Tuesday:
• Mt. Vernon
• Shell Knob Elementary
The following events will be canceled or postponed:
• Due to the snow and dangerously cold temperatures, Purdy schools is postponing Tuesday's groundbreaking for the new performing arts center. A new date will be announced at a later time.
• Cassville Middle School's basketball game at Hollister scheduled for Monday has been canceled.
• Monett High School's girls basketball game Monday at Fair Grove has been postponed to Tuesday.
• The Central Crossing Senior Center will be closed on Tuesday. The guest chef and Chinese food meal has been postponed to Wednesday.
• The Southwest Missouri Democrats town hall scheduled for Wednesday has been canceled.