Pair of Wildcats secure medals
Anthonysz, Arguelles out of final, but assured placement
The Cassville boys wrestling team was eliminated from championship contention on Friday, but the team’s two members that were still in action assured themselves top-six placements.
Ahkilleus Arguelles started the day in the consolation round, and he picked up a win by pin over a Fulton opponent, then with a medal on the line, won a 9-0 major decision over Dominic Ransom, of Sullivan. The win put him in the consolation semifinals on Saturday morning with still a shot at third place.
Jake Anthonysz won his quarterfinal match by pin in the morning on Friday, but the 60-1 Jay Greiner, of Lafayette-St. Joseph, was too much or the junior. The Wildcat fell in the semifinals by a 7-2 decision and will wrestle Saturday morning for a shot at the third-place match.
Full results from Thursday and Friday.
113 Class 2
Kurt Deaver (15-11) place is unknown and scored 0.0 team points.
• Champ. Round 1 - Caleb Husch (Cameron) 45-0 won by fall over Kurt Deaver (Cassville) 15-11 (Fall 1:36)
• Cons. Round 1 - Chance McKim (Kirksville) 30-15 won by fall over Kurt Deaver (Cassville) 15-11 (Fall 1:09)
132 Class 2
Akhilleus Arguelles (36-9) placed 6th and scored 12.0 team points.
• Champ. Round 1 - Akhilleus Arguelles (Cassville) 36-9 won by fall over Ben Amerman (Kirksville) 24-11 (Fall 3:07)
• Quarterfinal - Landen Davis (Excelsior Springs) 37-3 won by fall over Akhilleus Arguelles (Cassville) 36-9 (Fall 1:39)
• Cons. Round 2 - Akhilleus Arguelles (Cassville) 36-9 won by fall over Kaden Barnes (Fulton) 35-10 (Fall 3:00)
• Cons. Round 3 - Akhilleus Arguelles (Cassville) 36-9 won by major decision over Dominic Ransom (Sullivan) 32-8 (MD 9-0)
160 Class 2
Jake Anthonysz (33-8) placed 6th and scored 9.0 team points.
• Champ. Round 1 - Jake Anthonysz (Cassville) 33-8 won by decision over Zane Palmer (Odessa) 42-10 (Dec 12-8)
• Quarterfinal - Jake Anthonysz (Cassville) 33-8 won by fall over Dominic Cahalan (Kirksville) 28-7 (Fall 5:34)
• Semifinal - Jay Greiner (Lafayette (St. Joseph)) 60-1 won by decision over Jake Anthonysz (Cassville) 33-8 (Dec 7-2)