Libraries require masks
Time limits to be applied for use of library, computers
Due to the rise in COVID-19 cases in both Barry and Lawrence counties and surrounding areas, and in order to better protect our staff and patrons, the Barry-Lawrence Regional Library System is requiring that all patrons that enter facilities wear a mask.
If a patron does not have a mask, one will be provided. Curbside service will be available for all patrons that don’t wish to enter the library or that don’t wish to wear a mask.
“We are doing our best to continue to stay open and keep our services available for everyone,” said Gina Milburn, director. “Our pandemic plan is available to anyone that wishes to read through it and is continually reviewed and modified based on in library use and CDC, local, state, federal, and health department guidelines.”
Each branch allows a limited number of patrons per location for a maximum of 30 minutes at a time for in library use and for a maximum of 60 minutes at a time for computer use. Once the capacity for each location is reached, patrons will have to wait in line in 6 feet increments for a patron to leave. Then it will be one patron in per patron that leaves.
Branch days, hours and capacity are as follows:
• Aurora, Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., 12 patrons
• Cassville, Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Saturday 9:00-1:00, 17 patrons
• Eagle Rock, Monday, Wednesday, Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., 6 patrons
• Marionville, Monday, Wednesday – Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., 10 patrons
• Miller, Monday, Wednesday, Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., 6 patrons
• Monett, Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., 15 patrons
• Mt. Vernon, Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., 15 patrons
• Pierce City, Monday, Wednesday – Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., 7 patrons
• Shell Knob, Monday, Wednesday – Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., 5 patrons
The following rules are also in place:
• Patrons may stay for 30 minutes at a time.
• Desktop computer use is for 60 minutes at a time per patron per day.
• Staff is only able to offer limited assistance from a distance.
• Patrons are required to wear protective face masks to protect staff and themselves.
• Patrons are encouraged to practice safe procedures for social distancing.
• Hand sanitizer and face masks will be provided to patrons as needed.
• Patrons will not be able to enter the building if they display signs of illness.
• Patrons may still request curbside/pickup service.
• Patrons must return materials to the book drop or in the receptacles provided at each entrance. All library items are quarantined for 72 hours for the safety of staff and patrons.
• Staff will adhere to strict cleaning protocols.
• No contact home deliveries, low-contact outreach, and virtual programming will be provided throughout the summer.
• Meeting room use continues to be suspended indefinitely.