Meeting set for Library tax proposal
The “7˘ for The Library” vote on April 7 is the topic of discussion at six public meetings across the Barry-Lawrence Regional Library District.
“Everyone is welcome to the town-hall-style meetings,” said Greg Brown, District spokesman. “They will be held at local libraries throughout the district. Attendees will learn about the library’s situation and the property tax levy adjustment that voters will see on the April 7 ballot.
“The library is now to the point we are having to reduce services, and we hate that. The fact is, changes are coming to everyone’s library for better or worse. If voters say yes on April 7 to the 7 cents, we will be able grow and improve library services. If we fail to pass the 7 cents, then more cuts, closings, and reductions will have continue. The small amount of added funds would only come out to be about $15 extra per year for the average property; but this would make a world of difference to many people that use and love library services.”
• Cassville Library: Feb. 27 at 6 p.m.
• Eagle Rock Library: March 9 at 6 p.m. (Shell Knob Library community are invited to attend)
• Mt. Vernon Library: March 5 at 6 p.m. (Miller Library community are invited to attend)
• Marionville Library: March 16 at 6 p.m.
• Aurora Library: March 19 at 6:30 p.m.
• Monett Library: March 26 at 6 p.m. (Pierce City Library community are invited to attend)