Quick response stops rural Purdy kitchen fire

Wednesday, July 10, 2019
A grease fire on the stove at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Alvin Pryor around 7 p.m. on Monday at 9742 Farm Road 2100, southeast of Purdy, brought 18 firefighters from Butterfield and the Purdy Fire District. Purdy Fire Chief Nick Mercer said the breaker on the stove hood throwing off helped stop the blaze from spreading. Firefighters checked all the electrical circuits after the fire was out. “They did a real good job,” Alvin Pryor said. The Barry-Lawrence Ambulance responded to the scene and Monett firefighters remained on standby during the call. Murray Bishoff/Cassville Democrat

A grease fire on the stove at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Alvin Pryor around 7 p.m. on Monday at 9742 Farm Road 2100, southeast of Purdy, brought 18 firefighters from Butterfield and the Purdy Fire District.

Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: