Major meeting on Highway 37 improvements next week
MoDOT calls for improving crash prone Highway BB, W intersections
A public meeting meeting has been scheduled by the Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT) from 4:30 to 6 p.m. on July 10 to discuss major improvements on Highway 37 between Monett and the Arkansas state line.
The meeting is scheduled for 4:30 to 6 p.m. at the Mercy Hospital Conference Room, 94 Main Street, Cassville. The meeting will be come-and-go style with no formal presentation. Those who attend the in-person meeting can visit any time between 4:30 and 6 p.m. to meet with MoDOT representatives and ask questions about the project construction timeline and traffic impacts.
Project highlights include:
• Resurface Highway 37 between Highway 60 and the Missouri/Arkansas state line;
• Increase visibility for drivers at Highway BB;
• Intersection improvements at Route W;
• Add left-turn lane at Farm Road 2140;
• Add passing lane north of Washburn;
• Improve drainage in various locations between Washburn and Cassville.
The estimated total project cost is $11.5 million. The project is scheduled for construction in 2020.
Those unable to attend the public meeting time can visit www.modot.org/southwest and view information about the project.