‘Cats open track season Thursday at McDonald County
Cassville returns 12 members from last year’s squad
Cassville Coach Clay Weldy and the Wildcats track team open their season on Thursday at McDonald County.
The Wildcats return 12 participants from last year’s squad, including Austin Wilson, who won the conference meet in the 400-meter and was a state qualifier in the same event.
Jordan Reed also returns. He qualified for state in the javelin in 2016.
“We have a couple of good leaders that are upper classmen, but overall we are a young team,” Weldy said. “I’m excited to see us come out and compete this spring and watch our growth over the season.”
Returning for the Wildcats:
• Skyler Wolf: shot and discus
• Nathan Dick: pole vault
• Jacob Stattler: shot put
• Anthony Tolbert: relays, high Jump
• Jesse Anthonysz: hurdles, javelin
• Devon Brookes: relays, hurdles
• Carson Jacobson: sprints and high jump
• Andrew Prier: discus and high jump
• Michael Sommers: sprints and relays
• D.J. White: relays and high jump
• Kel Wilson: distance and triple jump
Action is set to begin at 4 p.m. in Anderson.