Meet your Cassville School Board candidate: Michael Hagins
Current Occupation: Chief Wastewater Operator for the City of Cassville
Past Experience: No answer provided.
Education: Graduate of Cassville High School
1. Why do you want to win this position?
I have worked with several children and faculty in our district through many organized sports and events. We have an amazing school district but if I can be their voice and give good sound views to better our school then this would be the reason I want to win this position.
2. If elected, what is your number one goal on the school board?
I’m not coming in with a certain goal or objective for the school board. My only goal is that our school district keeps moving forward and provides that best learning and teaching environment in the state of Missouri.
3. What areas of the school district do you think need improvement?
I believe our school district has improved year after year. The area that I could see using more improvement is continued staff training for “crisis prevention” and “mental and behavioral health.”
4. Which building project should the district complete next?
I definitely believe the vintage wing needs to be updated. After the recent years that the school had to use that wing when issues with the intermediate school arose it helped to have the space available. So moving forward when it is needed for the schools growth it will be accessible.
5. What do you feel is most important for raising the quality of education provided by Cassville schools?
The continued selection of qualified teachers and faculty to give our children the best education possible.