Cassville lands 3 on Academic All-State team
The final football awards of the 2017 season were released on Thursday in the form of the Missouri Football Coaches Association (MFCA) Academic All-State football teams.
In Class 3, Cassville landed three players on the prestigious list in Shannon Haney, Garrett Knight and Grant Davis.
In order to be considered for the Academic All-State team, players meet three criteria:
• A player must be nominated by their head coach and must be a current member of the MFCA.
• Players must be a starter on offense or defense or be a punter or a kicker in 70 percent of the past season’s games.
• Only current sophomores, juniors or seniors are eligible.
Additionally, athletes must meet two of the following three criteria:
• They must score a 25 or higher on ACT or 1740 on the SAT.
• Players must have a 3.5 GPA or higher (GPA must be non-weighted).
• Players must rank in top 10 percent of their class. GPA and class rank is determined by the GPA and class rank at the start of that year.
Mt. Vernon’s Ty Boswell and Marionville’s Chris Barber and Jake Redus made the list. Pierce City landed three players Dominick Smith, Donnell Kleiboeker and Dallas Kleiboeker were the only other bi-county players to make the All-State list.