Cassville Chamber invites businesses to partner with TLT program
Program invests in local youth, leadership skills
The Cassville Area Chamber of Commerce has announced the third year of its Tomorrow’s Leaders Today (TLT) program during the 2017-2018 school year in conjunction with its leadership program for Cassville High School seniors.
TLT provides Cassville seniors an opportunity to learn more about the area and importance of community involvement, and brings students together with businesses and community leaders while educating the future of the community, said Brittany Farris, chamber director.
Investments of $200 from chamber members are currently being sought to help support the program. Farris said investments will be utilized in the following ways:
• Provide lunch to students and volunteers during offsite visits (five total)
• Offset expenses associated with the opening luncheon and graduation celebration
• Ensure funds are available for two $500 scholarships
Benefits to Investing: Business Partners will receive the following benefits
• First opportunity to speak during lunches (one to two speakers per lunch)
• First opportunity to be involved in tours
• Recognition at opening day luncheon and graduation celebration
• Recognition and appreciation to business shown on all social media outlets
In addition to an opening luncheon and graduation celebration, students will travel five days to local businesses for tours and educational workshops. Sessions are one day each month of October through March, taking a break in December.
Students will attend the following sessions:
• Government and Law: Meet city and county officials and discuss what's new in local government and law enforcement.
• Industry: Tour local industries and learn about Cassville's local economy.
• Leadership Development, Community Service and Small Business: Tour not-for-profit agencies, small businesses and hear from local service organizations.
• Healthcare: See the latest in medical technologies available in our community and hear from local medical professionals about career opportunities.
• Natural Resources: Tour Roaring River State Park in addition to learning about agriculture in Cassville.
Selection is a two-step process including a written application with reference forms and an interview.
"Selection was made by the TLT Steering Committee, and we will have a great group of 14 seniors for the 2017-2018 school year," Farris said.
At the conclusion of the program, seniors will submit an essay and will be eligible for one of two $500 scholarships to help with college expenses.
“The Chamber greatly appreciates and thanks the businesses who allowed us to come into their work day and educate our seniors over the last year,” Farris said. “We had a wonderful group that thoroughly enjoyed the experience and learned so much while talking with our businesses.
We hope that your business will join us this year in educating this elite group of seniors on the Cassville community and everything we have to offer.”
For more information, people may contact Farris at 417-847-2814.