Cassville hosts Big 8 Art Show
Students take 56 ribbons, 10 first-place medals
Cassville served as host school for the Big 8 Art Show April 27-30.
Several CHS art students, led by art teacher Teall Williams, placed at the show, which had over 700 entries on display from students across the region.
Cassville Middle and High school students hosted and competed in the event.
CHS students placed third overall in the conference, taking 56 ribbons and 10 first-place medals, while McDonald County placed first with 69 ribbons and 14 medals, and Mt Vernon, second, with 64 ribbons and 11 medals.
Individual CHS Conference Champions, and their respective art media, included:
• AJ Goergen - Mixed Media 2D and Portfolio Champ
• Sierra Lacy - Drawing Wet Media Color, Representational Acrylic Painting and Silkscreen Printing Champ
• Lexi Campbell - Representational Oil Painting Champ
• Addy Nunley - Watercolor Painting NonRepresentational Champ
• Kaylee Riebert - Printmaking Relief (Block Prints) Champ
• Seay Williams - Reductive Sculpture Champ
• Samantha Blangger - two-hour Live Drawing Champ
CHS art instructor Teall Williams said art students have improved a lot over the last three years.
"Three years ago, Cassville took nine ribbons, last year 22, and this year 56," said Williams, applauding the students for their accomplishments and encouraging others to congratulate art students.
The winners' art was displayed on the walls outside the high school art room for view.