Heavy voter turnout expected on Nov. 8
Voters urged to make any address changes before election day
More than 15,000 voters in Barry County are expected to head to the polls Tuesday in the 2016 General Election.
Barry County Clerk Gary Youngblood predicted a 70 percent voter turnout, which is fairly comparable to the 2008 presidential vote.
He anticipated the same during the 2012 presidential election and only saw around 63 percent.
"Absentee numbers are fairly close to 2012," Youngblood said. "By the end of Friday, we had 800 absentee ballots cast. We had 794 by the same point in 2012, if that means anything."
Youngblood encouraged voters who moved since the last election to file that address change with his office by Friday. Youngblood's office will be open from 8 a.m. to noon on Saturday for casting absentee ballots and for last-minute updates to his records
"If you haven't got your address change, you will hold up the line [on Nov. 8]," Youngblood said. "People who haven't made the appropriate changes will have to fill out a voter application with everyone waiting behind them."
To speed up the voting process, Youngblood asked all voters to come to the polling place with either a voter card issued by Youngblood's office or a driver's license. Election judges can scan either document to quickly process the voter to proceed.
Polling places in Barry County include:
* Butterfield/McDowell precincts: the Butterfield Community Building, Highway U and Business Highway 37.
* City of Cassville: Family Life Center, 200 E. Fifth St.
* Cassville rural and Mineral precinct: Historic Barry County Courthouse, 700 Main in the Cassville square.
* Exeter: Exeter Fire Station, 401 E. Commercial.
* Golden: Golden Community Building, 28578 Highway J.
* Jenkins: Jenkins Fire Station, 25180 Highway 248.
* Kings Prairie/Pleasant Ridge precincts: New Liberty Methodist Church, 1176 Highway Z, in rural Monett.
* Monett City: Monett City Park Casino, South Park.
* Monett rural/Capps Creek precinct: Church of the Nazarene, 2142 Highway 37.
* Ozark/Crane Creek precincts: Madry Christian Union Building, 3814 Highway 39, rural Aurora.
* Purdy/McDowell precincts: Purdy Community building, Fourth Street and Highway C, Purdy.
* Roaring River: Eagle Rock Community Building, 27824 Highway 86, Eagle Rock.
* Seligman: Seligman Community Center, 29144 Main St.
* Shell Knob: Central Crossing Fire Dept, 23463 Highway 39, Shell Knob.
* Washburn/Ash precincts: Washburn First Baptist Activities Center, 618 Second St.
* Wheaton: Wheaton Community Building, 117 Allman, Wheaton.