Wildcat grapplers shine on the mat
Hunter takes first in McDonald County JV tourney
The Cassville wrestling team had a good showing in the McDonald County JV Tournament on Saturday.
Michael Hunter took fist place in the 145 pounds-C division to highlight the team's accomplishments.
"We had a good day," said Brian Barbee, interim wrestling coach. "We are still building on our fundamentals, and that will be our focus the rest of the season."
Team scores were not recorded, individual results for Cassville are as follows:
* 126 pounds-A: Tyler Morgan, fifth
* 138 pounds-A: Geoffery Corn, third
* 138 pounds-C: Alex Wells, sixth
* 145 pounds-A: David Whittimire, fifth
* 145 pounds-B: Jaymen Dewitt, fourth
* 145 pounds-C: Michael Hunter, first
* 160 pounds-B: Owen Morris, fourth
* 195 pounds-A: Steven Hunter, second
* 195 pounds-B: Caleb Lucero, third
* 285 pounds: Kameron Kalbaugh, fifth