Dedication planned for First Baptist Church in Purdy
Special speakers planned for services on Feb. 8
The new home for the First Baptist Church in Purdy will be dedicated at 3 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 8.
Located next to the old church, which has served the congregation since 1962, the new building is located on Fifth Street, just north of Route C, and just south of the current church building.
The program will include a message from Dr. Bill Banks, pastor, with music led by music director David Everett. Special music will be provided by Phaedra Clemons. Special recognition will be given to all former pastors, especially those who are still living. A special prayer will be given by former pastor Tony Martin, who started the building project before being called to serve at the First Baptist Church at Monett.
Following the dedication service, a time of fellowship will be held in the Fellowship Hall. There will be light refreshments served.
The First Baptist Church of Purdy was organized as a United, or Missionary, Baptist Church on Oct. 4, 1881, at Long School House. In 1891, it moved into its own building on a site that it would occupy for the next 90 years.
The new building was completed in January.
For more information, people may call 417-442-7887.