Health Department conducts food service inspections
The Environmental Services division of the Barry County Health Department inspected 21 food-service establishments during the month of June. Of that group, five establishments had critical violations and four had no critical or non-critical violations.
Roaring River Waterslide in Cassville, Little Tommy's Dogs I and Little Tommy's Dogs II, both mobile units, and The Steak Inn in Shell Knob underwent routine inspections in June that yielded no critical or non-critical violations.
Ollie's This and That in Washburn, Caveman Concessions mobile unit, Shoreline Grocery in Eagle Rock, Mama Mango's Shaved Ice mobile unit and Caribe Mexican Restaurant and Daddy Joe's Catfish Hole, LLC, in Monett, underwent pre-opening inspections, and no critical or non-critical violations were found.
Eagles Lodge #4155 in Shell Knob, Yetis mobile unit and Eagle Rock Retreat Center in Eagle Rock, underwent routine inspections in June, and only non-critical violations were found.
Critical violations were found at five establishments:
* Taco Bell/KFC in Cassville was subject to a complaint inspection on June 18 and two critical and five non-critical violations were found. Critical violations were: cleaner and bleach sitting on top of a freezer next to food items; discard times were not recorded on gravy and corn being held by time; chicken to be discarded at 1 p.m. was still not discarded as of 1:20 p.m.
* T-Bones Country Store in Eagle Rock was inspected on June 25, and six critical and one non-critical violations were found. Critical violations were: discard dates were missing on roast beef and ham; ribs and beef filets with discard dates had not been discarded; an unlabeled bottle of liquid; the faucet at the three-vat sink was leaking; debris was in a bin that holds clean silverware; baked beans made in-house were given a discard date of 10 days instead of seven.
* C&C Country Store in Exeter was inspected on June 26, and one critical and two non-critical violations were found. The critical violation was the ice scoop container was not clean.
* Grant's Restaurant, dba Angus Branch Steakhouse in Monett was subject to a complaint inspection on June 26, and two critical and one non-critical violations were found. Critical violations were: chicken, steaks and fish on the cook's line were not labeled with discard dates; potato salad, cottage cheese, diced tomatoes and other foods on the salad bar were not held to proper temperature. Upon re-inspection on June 28, all critical violations had been corrected.
* Subway Restaurant in Cassville was inspected on June 27, and one critical violation was found. Food debris was found in the container holding clean pan lids under the prep table.