Class 2 state track results
Several area athletes represented local school districts well on May 17 and 18 at the Class 2 state track meet at Lincoln University in Jefferson City.
Lutheran St. Peters won the girls' team title with 64 points, followed by Herculaneum, Stockton and Monroe City on the trophy stand.
Pierce City placed 21st with 10.33 points, Purdy was 35th with 6, and Southwest finished 57th with 0.33.
The Lamar Tigers dominated the boys' meet, scoring 79 points to claim the championship.
Cleveland J.R.O.T.C. finished second, with Charleston and Liberty (Mountain View) taking the final trophies.
Pierce City scored 11 points for 22nd place.
Results for the area medalists are as follows:
* Kaylynn Harkey, Purdy, third, 9'9".
* Emily Ashley, Pierce City, seventh, 9'0".
* Montana Hendrix, Southwest, eighth (tie), 4'10".
* Brianna Zebert, Pierce City, eighth (tie), 4'10".
|* Pierce City, Emily Ashley, Shania Hogan, Bailee Hayward and Krishna Merriman, third, 1:47.40.|
* Pierce City, Ashley, Zebert, Hogan and Bailee Hayward, seventh, 52.08.
|* Zack Hyde, Pierce City, seventh, 20'7".|
* Hyde, Pierce City, eighth, 42'6.5"
* Logan Deems, Pierce City, sixth, 133'1".
* Cedric O'Hara, Pierce City, sixth, 11.37.
* Pierce City, Aaron Zabala, Zack Hyde, Jordan Burt and O'Hara, seventh, 1:34.24.