Several injured in area crashes
Six area residents were injured in crashes that occurred on Wednesday, Jan. 3.
The first occurred at 6:15 a.m. at Highway CC and Farm Road 1072, about three miles north of Exeter.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, the crash occurred when the driver of a 1997 Chevrolet Cavalier, William A. Rickson, 22, of Seligman, traveled off the right side of the roadway onto County Road 1072 and struck a 2004 Freightliner Conventional, that was stopped at a stop sign. The Freightliner was driven by James A. Howerton, 48, of Cassville. He was wearing a seat belt.
Rickson and a passenger in his vehicle, Samantha L. Paine, 19, of Purdy, sustained minor injuries in the crash and were taken to Mercy Hospital in Cassville. Both were wearing seat belts.
* Three people were injured in a four-vehicle crash that occurred at 3:50 p.m. on Highway 37, about two miles north of Cassville. The crash occurred when the driver of a 1992 Pontiac Grand Prix, Joshua T. Hill, 18, of Aurora, turned into the side of a 2010 Kia SUV, driven by Debora L. Raymer, 57, of Purdy. The Raymer vehicle then skidded around, striking a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee, driven by Bryan R. Maxey, 28, of Monett, and a 2013 Hyundai Elantra, driven by Jacquilyn A. Neely, 19, of Pierce City. Raymer was taken by ambulance to Mercy Hospital in Cassville with moderate injuries. It is not known if she was wearing a seat belt. Neely and a passenger in his vehicle, Brett J. Neely, 19, of Pierce City, were both taken by private vehicle to Cox Monett Hospital with minor injuries. Both were wearing a seat belt.
* A Cassville teen was injured in a single-vehicle crash that occurred at 7:10 p.m. on Farm Road 1090, about two miles west of Cassville. The crash occurred when the driver of a 1985 Chevrolet pickup, Ryan A. Horton, 23, of Cassville, ran off the roadway and struck a utility pole and a fence. A passenger in the vehicle, Amber R. Hance, 18, of Cassville, was taken to Mercy Hospital in Cassville with minor injuries. Neither was wearing a seat belt.
* A Berryville, Ark., man was injured in a single-vehicle crash that occurred at 7:30 a.m. on Dec. 31, 2012, on Highway 39 about three miles south of Madry. The crash occurred when the driver of a 2003 Ford E-350 van, Arthur D. Gardner, 64, of Berryville, Ark., slid off the right side of the roadway, struck an embankment and overturned. Gardner was taken to Mercy Hospital in Aurora with minor injuries.
* Four people were injured in a two-vehicle crash that occurred at 3:10 p.m. on Dec. 31. 2012, on Highway 37 about one-half mile north of Washburn. The crash occurred when the driver of a 1997 Ford Expedition, Ricky G. White, 38, of Bella Vista, Ark., was attempting to overtake another driver and crashed head on into a 2003 Kia, driven by Shilo R. Porter, 32, of Exeter. White was taken to northwest Benton County Hospital with moderate injuries. He was not wearing a seat belt. Porter was taken to Mercy Hospital in Rogers, Ark., with moderate injuries. Two passengers in the Porter vehicle, Christopher R. Oxford, 11, and Casey J. Oxford, 14, were both taken by private vehicle to Mercy Hospital in Cassville with minor injuries. They were not wearing seat belts.
* A Cassville woman was injured in a two-vehicle crash that occurred at 1:20 p.m. on Jan. 1 on Farm Road 2175 about one mile east of Cassville. The crash occurred when the driver of a 1992 Ford Ranger, Frances M. Juanche, 18, of Cassville, stopped in the road and was struck from behind by a 2012 Chevrolet Malibu, driven by Brandy M. Lauderdale, 34, of Cassville. Lauderdale was taken to Mercy Hospital in Cassville with moderate injuries.