Chamber announces 2013 events
The Cassville Area Chamber of Commerce has another full slate of activities planned for 2013. Area residents are encouraged to mark these dates on their calendars and plan to attend the upcoming events.
The chamber will kick off its 2013 schedule with its annual banquet on Saturday, Jan. 26, 2013. The event will be held at 6 p.m. in the Cassville High School commons area.
Other 2013 chamber events are highlighted below:
* Opening Day festivities at Roaring River State Park, March 1, 2013. Chamber members will provide complimentary coffee to fishermen gathered along the stream banks on opening morning.
* Spring sidewalk sale, April 5, 2013, and April 6, 2013. Residents are encouraged to shop Cassville during the spring sales event.
* Dogwood Car and Truck Festival, May 4, 2013. Hundreds of new and antique vehicles will be on display on the square in Cassville. The event will also offer musical entertainment and concessions.
* Friday Squared Courthouse Celebration, May 10, 2013. The special event, which will be held on the square in Cassville, will celebrate the centennial anniversary of the construction of the Barry County Courthouse.
* Chamber golf tournament, May 17, 2013. Chamber members and other community members will compete at the Cassville Golf Course.
* Friday Squared, July 12, 2013. Held on the square in Cassville, Friday Squared offers live music, shopping, concessions and an outdoor movie.
* Fall sidewalk sale, Sept. 6, 2013, and Sept. 7, 2013. Cassville merchants will offer a variety of discounts and sales during the fall sidewalk event.
* The Show, Oct. 25, 2013, Oct. 26, 2013, and Oct. 27, 2013. HomeTown Sound and the RedHots and other talented community members will perform at the Crowder College Cassville Campus auditorium.
* Fall Festival and Chili and Salsa Cook-Off, Oct. 26, 2013. Community members will gather on the square in Cassville to enjoy live music, craft booths, chili and salsa tasting, a pet parade and a variety of other entertainment.
* Halloween costume parade, Oct. 31, 2013. The chamber will sponsor a costume parade around the square in Cassville and distribute treat bags to youngsters.
* Christmas Open House, Nov. 16, 2013. A variety of Christmas merchandise will be on display at businesses located in Cassville.
* The Christmas Show, Dec. 5, 2013, and Dec. 6, 2013. HomeTown Sound and the RedHots and other community members will perform a variety of Christmas tunes at the Crowder College Cassville Campus auditorium.
* Christmas parade, Dec. 7, 2013. The annual night-time Christmas parade, which travels Main Street in Cassville, will feature a variety of lighted floats, marching bands, antique vehicles and other entries.
The Cassville Area Chamber of Commerce also plans to continue its monthly First Friday Coffee events and quarterly luncheons next year. Local businesses interested hosting one of these events are encouraged to call 847-2814.