Home belonged to Loftins
Earlier this month, the Cassville Democrat published a photo that was taken by Jim Stephens, a "camera soldier" stationed at Camp Crowder near Neosho in 1943. The house in the photograph is currently owned by Carl Schell and is located on High Street in Cassville. During the 1940s, the home was owned by Morney and Ruth Loftin. The boys shown on the front steps of the home in the photo snapped in 1943 were the Loftins' two sons, Glen and Gene Loftin. Ruth Loftin was known to have often offered her home to men in uniform who were passing through Cassville. She also served as a cook in Cassville restaurants and was known for her good food.