Cassville YMCA hosts sprint triathlon
The Cassville YMCA continued its summer tradition of hosting a Y Not Tri sprint triathlon.
This year's event, which included a 400-meter swim, a 3.1-mile run and a 15-mile bike ride, attracted 43 participants.
Brad Hammon, of Monett, was the top finisher in the men's division with a total time of 1:09:58. Victoria Kline, of Miami, Okla., was the women's top overall finisher, completing the course in 1:28:14.
Cassville's Mike Schlichtman finished second overall and captured first place in the men's masters division with a time of 1:14:25. Niki Weber, of Monett, won the women's masters division with a time of 1:35:22.
Other medalists, listed by age division, are as follows:
* Men 15-19: Garrett Barnes, first, 1:51:26; and Jadon Baston, second, 2:12:09.
* Women 15-19: Madeline Weber, first, 1:37:04.
* Men 20-29: Eric Starlin, first, 1:34:19; Daniel Farage, second, 1:40:00; and Justin West, third, 1:37:05.
* Women 20-29: Stephanie Lee, first, 1:52:02; Marti Richmiller, second, 2:01:07; and Jacqueline Yust, third, 2:14:43.
* Men 30-39: Chris Johnson, first, 1:22:04; Richard Hurt, second, 1:25:47; and Doug Helper, third, 1:28:20.
* Women 30-39: Kelly Youngblood, first, 1:36:03; Angela Pederson, second, 1:55:14; and Kana Henbest, third, 2:03:15.
* Men 40-49: Brian Hunter, first, 1:26:34; Don Weber, second, 1:35:21; and Noel Anthonysz, third, 1:37:05.
* Women 40-49: Leta Shockley, first, 1:51:53.
* Men 50-59: Tom Morrison, first, 1:16:29; Daniel Koehn, second, 1:32:30; and Kenny McDougle, third, 1:37:06.
* Women 50-59: Shawn Crowley, first, 2:25:32.
Two relay teams also competed. The Huntress team finished first with a time of 1:36:28, and the Roark team finished second with a time of 1:37:01.