Fish at Roaring River for free
The Missouri Department of Conservation will hold its annual free fishing days at parks throughout the state, including Roaring River State Park, on Saturday, June 9 and Sunday, June 10. Fishing hours are from 6:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Free fishing days give area residents and visitors an opportunity to try fishing at a state park without purchasing a permit. No permits or daily tags are required during the annual event.
Normal regulations, such as size and daily limits, do apply during the free fishing days. Those regulations include the following:
* Anglers must keep their trout separate at all times and identified with their name and address.
* The daily limit is four. Anglers cannot continue to fish for any species in the park after obtaining four trout. The possession limit is eight trout.
* Brown trout must be equal or greater than 15 inches in length. There is no length limit on rainbow trout.
* Only one pole or rod can be used by each angler.
* Gigging, snaring and snagging are not permitted.
* The use of game fish for bait is prohibited. Chumming is also prohibited.
* No trout may be possessed in catch-and-release areas.