R-4 Board approves 2012 summer school
The Cassville R-4 School Board approved the 2012 summer school application at its regularly scheduled meeting on April 12.
This year's summer school program will be held May 24 through June 19. The regular school year concludes on May 17, and students will be dismissed early on May 16 and May 17.
According to Jill LeCompte, director of instructional services, the summer school program will be open to preschool through eighth grade students. Credit recovery classes will also be offered for high school students.
"The theme for this year's program is Inventor's Workshop," said LeCompte. "We will have rotational days with different teachers in charge of different units. The students will rotate throughout the day."
Remedial reading and other remedial instruction classes will also be available to students who take part in the summer school program.
The district will offer three bus routes. Bus stops will be made at the same locations in Golden, Butterfield and Jenkins that were used for the 2011 summer school program.
Free breakfast and lunch will be offered to all students.
Parents interested in learning more about the summer school program can call the primary school office at 847-2445, the intermediate school office at 847-4010 or the middle school office at 847-3136.
In other business, the Cassville School Board:
* Evaluated the curriculum development program.
* Reviewed the administrative reports and the building level handbook revisions.
* Hired Billy Banks, Tiffany Bradley, Charla Miles, Suzanne Sloan, Shelby Terry and Audrey Jean White as substitute teachers.
* Accepted a bid from Davis, Lynn and Moots for audit services for the 2012-13 school year.
* Discussed the 2012-13 school year budget.
* Appointed the following officers: John Sullivan, president; Greg Allen, vice president; Becky Henningson, treasurer; and Lorie Speakman, secretary.