Cassville claims trophy at Monett Invitational
The Cassville Wildcats claimed the boys championship trophy at the Monett Track and Field Invitational on April 24, finishing with 113.5 points. Monett placed second with 104, and no other team scored more than 70.
The Lady Wildcats scored 70.5 points and finished third behind Reeds Spring's 109 and Monett's 101.
Josh Lannum led the Wildcats, claiming gold in both weight throws.
Results for the Cassville boys are as follows.
* Shot: Lannum, 44'6".
* Discus: Lannum, 144'5".
* 100-meter high hurdles: Alex Baugher, 16.09.
* 4x100 relay: Cody Frana, Cade Pendergraft, Glenn Thomas and Chris Dunker, 45.49.
* 300-meter hurdles: Frana, 43.12.
* 200-meter: Dunker, 23.63.
* High jump: Joseph Campbell, 5'8".
* Long jump: Baugher, 19'8".
* 100-meter: Frana, 11.54.
* 100-meter hurdles: Frana, 17.72.
* Shot: Andrew Sizemore, 41'2".
* 800-meter: Klayten Holt, 2:16.9.
* 4x400 relay: Josh McCarroll, Holt, Brent Thompson and Pendergraft, 3:56.1.
Lady Wildcat results
In the girls' division, Calisia Brookes sizzled to a first place medal in the 100-meter dash, and the Lady Wildcats took gold in the 4x100 relay on their way to a third place team finish.
Results for the Cassville girls are as follows.
* 100-meter: Brookes, 12.85.
* 200-meter: Danielle Pianalto, 27.8.
* Pole vault: Becca Haney, 8'6".
* High jump: Alyssa Wiertsema, 4'4".
* Long jump: Brookes, 14'0".
* 800-meter: Deborah Kern, 2:37.4.
* Discus: Katelyn Pitts, 82'1".
* Long jump: Pianalto, 14'0'.