Wheaton approves contracts
The Wheaton R-3 School Board approved 19 teacher contracts at its regularly scheduled meeting on March 15.
Faculty members returning to the district for the 2012-13 school year are: Glenda Ball, Curt White, Melissa Hayslip, Sally Sharp, Diana Bray, Jaymi Bellah, Ashley Roe, Derek Gladden, May Yang, Jason Webb, Mike Austin, Valerie Ball, David Bolton, Deanne Carter, Jim Green, Holly Lacey, Twyla McInturff, Michael Robbins and Barbara Skinner.
Melissa Creed's contract was also renewed for the 2012-13 school year. Creed, who serves as a second grade teacher, is required to obtain a provisional status teaching certificate and enroll in an acceptable alternative certification program by the contract start date.
Traci Mitchell was hired as director of special education. Her salary will be $42,000 for a 10 and a half month contract.
In other business, the Wheaton School Board:
* Accepted the resignation of Sadie Musick, junior high science teacher.
* Hired Pam Peterson as the assistant track coach.
* Heard Superintendent Dr. Lance Massey's monthly financial report.
* Approved the district bus routes as presented.
* Heard the administrative reports and program evaluations for the business, counseling, athletic and English departments.
* Held a closed session to discuss personnel.