Lannum leads Wildcats at Nixa Invitational
Cassville and Monett thinclads competed at the Nixa Invitational last Tuesday. The Wildcats edged the Cubs, 49.5 to 48, for sixth place in the boys team race. The Monett girls clipped the Lady Wildcats, 40 to 38, for ninth place in the pink division. Ozark and Nixa went one-two to claim the trophies in both the boys' and girls' team standings.
Josh Lannum won the shot and discus events, scoring 20 of Cassville's 29.5 field event points in leading his team.
With one gold medal performance, Monett's girls were able to overcome Cassville's sprint corps with a balanced attack. It should be noted that the Lady Wildcats did not score in any of the four relay events, an area where they normally excel.
Results for the Cassville boys are as follows.
* Discus: Lannum, 145'4''.
* Shot: Lannum, 45'9".
* 110-meter hurdles: Cody Frana, 15.6.
* 100-meter: Frana, 11.3.
* Discus: Drew Still, 115'8'.
* High jump: Alex Baugher, 5'8".
* 400-meter: Chris Dunker, 53.7.
* High jump: Joseph Campbell, 5'8".
* Long jump: Baugher, 18'9".
* 110-meter hurdles: Baugher, 16.8.
Results for the Cassville girls were as follows.
* 100-meter: Calisia Brookes, 12.8.
* 200-meter: Danielle Pianalto, second, 27.7.
* 100-meter: Pianalto, 13.1.
* Pole vault: Becca Haney, 8'6".
* Long jump: Pianalto, 14'7".
* Triple jump: Pianalto, 29'10".
* 800-meter: Deborah Kern, 2:45.2.
* Discus: Katelyn Pitts, 78'1".