Chamber ready for 2012 events
The Cassville Area Chamber of Commerce has another full slate of activities on tap for 2012. Area residents are encouraged to mark these dates on their calendars and plan to attend the upcoming events.
The chamber will once again take part in Opening Day festivities at Roaring River State Park on Thursday, March 1. Chamber members will provide complimentary coffee to fishermen gathered along the stream banks on opening morning.
Other 2011 chamber events are highlighted below:
* Spring sidewalk sale, April 13 and 14. Residents are encouraged to shop Cassville during the spring sales event.
*Dogwood Car and Truck Festival, May 5. Hundreds of new and antique vehicles will be on display on the square in Cassville. The event will also offer musical entertainment and concessions.
* Chamber golf tournament, May 18. Chamber members and other community members will compete at the Cassville Golf Course.
* Friday Squared, July 13. Initiated in 2010, this is the chamber's newest community event. Held on the square in Cassville, Friday Squared offers live music, shopping, concessions and an outdoor movie.
* Fall sidewalk sale, Sept. 7 and 8. Cassville merchants will offer a variety of discounts and sales during the fall sidewalk event.
* The Show, Oct. 26, 27 and 28. HomeTown Sound and the Redhots and other talented community members will perform at the Crowder College Cassville Campus auditorium.
* Fall Festival and Chili and Salsa Cook-Off, Oct. 27. Community members will gather on the square in Cassville to enjoy live music, craft booths, chili and salsa tasting, a pet parade and a variety of other entertainment.
* Trick-Or-Treat Around the Square, Oct. 31. Businesses located around the square in Cassville will distribute treats to children participating in the costume parade.
* Christmas Open House, Nov. 10. A variety of Christmas merchandise will be on display at businesses located in Cassville.
* The Christmas Show, Nov. 29 and 30. HomeTown Sound and the Redhots and other community members will perform a variety of Christmas tunes at the Crowder College Cassville Campus auditorium.
* Christmas parade, Dec. 1. The annual night-time Christmas parade, which travels Main Street in Cassville, will feature a variety of lighted floats, marching bands, antique vehicles and other entries.
The Cassville Area Chamber of Commerce will also offer its First Friday Coffee events on the first Friday of each month through May.
The chamber's quarterly luncheons are held four times a year and feature a local business or organization. The first event, which has been scheduled to be held at the Barry County Museum on Feb. 16, will feature Southwest Missouri Drug Task Force Agent John Luckey.
For more information on any of the chamber's events, call Mindi Artherton, chamber executive director, at 847-2814.