The Washburn City Council approved funding for a safety award dinner at its regularly scheduled meeting on Nov. 21.
The aldermen approved a $530 expense for the safety award dinner, which was held on Dec. 5. The expense also included safety award bonus checks.
James Libertus, utility superintendent, Doug Henry, police chief, and Julie Grillone, city clerk, will receive $50 each. Shannon Wilson, utilities assistant, and officers Brian Landreth, Terry Meek and Terry Burgess will receive $25 each.
The council also voted to increase Wilson's pay from $9.59 per hour to $9.70 per hour after he completes his 90-day probationary period.
In other business, the Washburn City Council:
* Received a clean audit report from Marshall Decker, of Decker and DeGood.
* Voted to purchase uniform pants for Burgess.
* Received a report on a low water flow issue east of Highway 37. Libertus was directed to obtain pricing for a five-year engineering plan for improvements.
* Voted to purchase a new blade for the Kubota tractor, a commercial grade saw with an extension for trimming limbs and a brake drum for the city dump truck.
* Accepted a resolution to participate in the county's natural hazard mitigation plan.