CCF awards nearly $5,000 in grants
On Nov. 17, the Cassville Community Foundation (CCF) handed out nearly $5,000 in grants to 10 different local organizations.
The grants were made possible through the CCF's Grantmaking Endowment Fund.
"We hope to keep growing the fund so that we can keep making grants and giving away more money in the future," said Landon Fletcher, CCF chairman. "The Grantmaking Endowment Fund now totals around $100,000 plus, and our total account balance is around $500,000. That includes 13 different scholarship and endowment funds.
"The foundation has done really good in the short amount of time it has been in existence due to the fantastic community support that we have," said Fletcher.
The following organizations were awarded grants from the Cassville Community Grantmaking Endowment Fund:
* Cassville United Methodist Church: $750 for the Cassville Community Food Pantry.
* Cassville Senior Center: $750 for the Meals on Wheels Program.
* Cassville R-4 School District: $750 for the Back Pack Program and Food For Thought.
* Cassville Fire Protection District: $600 for a vehicle stabilization system.
* Cassville R-4 School District: $600 for the Discovery Center of the Ozarks program, which will provide science instruction to third and fifth grade students as well as professional development opportunities for teachers.
* Cassville Branch Library: $400 for children's programs.
* Kornerstone: $300 for the Nova Net Credit Recovery Program.
* Cassville YMCA: $300 for the Strong Kids Financial Assistance Program.
* Cassville R-4 School District: $300 for an iTunes gift card that will be used to purchase instructional applications.
* Barry County Drug Court: $200 for program incentives.