Obtain permission from Corps before cleaning or burning

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

U.S. Army Corps of Engineers officials remind residents interested in cleaning up and burning debris left on the Table Rock Lake shoreline by flooding that they must contact a ranger for permission and instructions before clean-up efforts begin.

After permission is obtained, residents can pile driftwood on the shoreline on public land adjacent to their property and burn it. Only loose, downed driftwood can be burned. No standing vegetation should be cut and burned. Heavy equipment is not allowed on Corps property.

Residents should also notify their local fire department before beginning any burning.

For more information or to obtain permission to burn debris on Corps land, call 417-334-4101, extension 3018. Office hours are from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Residents can also email ceswl-tr@usace.army.mil.

Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: