Cassville SB increases teacher pay
The Cassville R-4 School Board approved a 1.5 percent base salary increase for certified staff members at its regulary scheduled meeting on June 16.
The board voted to increase the base salary from $32,750 to $33,250 for the 2011-12 school year.
The board approved the classified salary schedule as presented and the following administrators' salaries: Richard Asbill, superintendent, $98,750; Joe Cavness, director of operations, $88,100; Jill LeCompte, director of instructional services, $82,100; and Amy Stephenson, director of special services, $67,000.
Other approved administrative salaries included: Chris Redmon, high school principal, $81,950; Coy Dalton, assistant high school principal, $70,000; Terry Jamieson, middle school principal, $73,700; Melanie Stringer, assistant middle school principal, $68,500; Eric White, intermediate school principal, $74,625; and Catherine Weaver, primary school principal, $78,375.
The board also accepted the resignation of Jonathan Winslow, high school social studies teacher, and voted to employee Stephanie Hilton as middle school band director, Ronald Hudson as middle school communication arts teacher, Casandra Lewis as high school math teacher and Andrew Hoskins as a high school teacher.
In other business, the Cassville R-4 School Board:
* Received the salary and welfare proposal for the 2011-12 school year.
* Heard the TEAMS tutoring and mentoring program, attendance, suspension rates and administrative reports.
* Voted to keep the substitute teacher pay rate at $90 per day. Cassville R-4 School District certified retirees will earn $100 per day.
* Amended the 2010-11 school year budget to reflect actual expenditures and approved the preliminary operating budget for the 2011-12 school year.
* Approved the building handbooks as presented.