Butterfield adds more projects to pending list
On May 12, the Butterfield City Council heard that two projects have been added to the city's pending projects list.
One project calls for the repair or replacement of trim at the city's storage building. The structure will also be painted. The second project calls for the repair of a bracket at lift station #2. The repair has been identified as a high priority need.
The aldermen also received an update in the city's water improvement project.
Simmons Engineering has begun paperwork with the Arkansas Missouri Railroad for a railroad boring easement on First Street. Documents have also been delivered to Asbury Title in Cassville to determine who the property owners are in order to obtain a property easement for the water project.
In other business, the Butterfield City Council:
* Reviewed the monthly police report.
* Received a list of nuisance letters that have been sent to city residents.
* Approved the April water and wastewater reports.
* Voted to purchase two manhole inflow shields from USABluebook and three water meter loops from Water Products.
* Received an annual inspection report on the city's water tower from Utility Service Co. No problems or concerns were noted in the report.