The Cassville Area Chamber of Commerce and local businesses will host Friday Squared on the downtown square in Cassville on June 10. A sports themed pre-show block party will begin at 7 p.m., and "A League of Their Own" will be shown on the outdoor big screen at dark.
"Friday Squared is the place to be this Friday night," said Mindi Artherton, chamber executive director. "You only have two chances this year to attend Friday Squared and take advantage of a free outdoor movie and outdoor concert, not to mention great deals from our local merchants.
"This is your opportunity to save gas money and have a fun night out right here in Cassville," added Artherton.
Friday Squared attendees will have the opportunity to enjoy live musical entertainment by the J. Rock and the Third Street Band from 7 p.m. to dusk. The band includes Jack Reed, Bruce Nickle, Debbie Nickle, Rocky Mills, Jennifer Evans, Josh Davison, Brenda Beck and Greg Beck.
Children attending the pre-show block party will have the opportunity to participate in bubble games, courtesy of the Cassville Branch Library, and the Cassville YMCA will offer inflatable bounce houses and information on summer programs.
The Cassville United Methodist Church will serve free smores and collect donations to the Cassville Community Food Pantry. Kornerstone will offer glitter tattoos at a $5 cost. Proceeds will benefit the adult education program.
Ramey Supermarket will serve smoked chicken dinners with baked beans and coleslaw during the block party. First Christian Church of Cassville will offer free hotdogs and accept donations for tornado relief efforts.
The Cassville Chamber will offer ice cream in keepsake Friday Squared cups. Adults will receive a free ice cream cone with the purchase of a kid's cup.
Community members who attend Friday Squared will be encouraged to shop locally from 7 p.m. to dusk. Downtown businesses will offer the following special promotions during the block party:
* Stop by Commerce Bank for free popcorn and lemonade.
Forever Yours Embroidery will hold a drawing for a Wildcat insulated market basket. No purchase is required to enter the drawing.
* Shoppers who visit Gussied Up Boutique will receive 20 percent off the purchase of shorts and capris.
* Sater Pharmacy will offer 40 percent off all polka-dot dishes. Customers can also buy one candle and get one free during the event. The pharmacy will be selling nachos with proceeds to benefit Habitat For Humanity.
* Smith's Clothing will offer 50 percent off women's solid short sleeve T-shirts.
* Customers who visit Tomblin's Jewelry can purchase anything that starts with a B, G, F or S at a 20 percent discount. The letters were selected in honor of the event's sports theme and represent baseball, golf, football and soccer.
* Towneley Furnishings will offer a 20 percent discount on all sports theme items, including chairs for armchair quarterbacks.
* Shoppers will also receive a 20 percent discount on handbags and jewelry at Whitley's Pharmacy.
Friday Squared attendees who purchase merchandise at participating businesses will be entered into a drawing for door prizes. The drawing will be held just before the outdoor movie is shown. Door prizes will include gift cards to Tomblin's Jewelry and Gifts and Gussied Up Boutique, Sonic coupons and other items.
Community members are invited to bring lawn chairs to the event to enjoy the music and outdoor movie. The movie will be offered free of charge.
Area residents can vote for the July Christmas movie on the chamber website. Visit www.cassville.com. The Christmas in July Friday Squared event will be held on July 8.
For more information on Friday Squared, call the chamber office at 847-2814.