The Seligman City Council terminated a city staff member at a special meeting on May 12.
The aldermen voted to terminate the employment of Gene Losey, library director, effective May 13. The city will seek a volunteer to oversee operations at the library. A small stipend will be offered for the position.
Alderman Latisha Pippin has agreed to offer story time at the library. The program will be held twice a month. Children will enjoy cookies, juice, a story and other activities.
In other business, the Seligman City Council:
* Discussed the annexation of Seligman Meadows.
* Reminded city employees that they must clock in and out on the time clock to receive compensation for hours worked.
* Voted to pay Mayor Jason Raucstadt $14.25 per hour to perform city duties. Raucstadt can work up to 33 hours per month.
* Heard that Raucstadt selected a $6,515 bid from DeWitt for a video surveillance system. The city also received a $8,499 bid from Alarmco and a $9,500 bid from BEST.
* Voted to purchase a new time clock for the Seligman City Hall.