The Southwest R-5 School Board tabled discussion on faculty and staff health insurance at its regularly scheduled meeting on April 14.
Health insurance policy information from Mercy arrived after board packets were mailed to board members. For this reason, Superintendent Bob Walker decided to postpone discussion on the issue until a future meeting.
In new business, the board elected the following board officers during the April meeting: Danny Dalton, president; Jeremy Bernard, vice president; Robert Catron, treasurer; and Judy Brooks, secretary.
In other business, the Southwest R-5 Board:
* Accepted the resignation of Samantha Cosper, FACS teacher.
* Approved the OACAC Head Start annual review agreement for the 2011-12 school year.
* Heard that the district would offer a summer school program similar to the session offered in 2010. Credit recovery will be offered in core subjects only.
* Reviewed the spring sports and administrative reports.
* Held a two-hour and eight-minute executive session to discuss personnel.