This year's Dogwood Car, Truck and Motorcycle Festival was the Cassville Area Chamber of Commerce's largest car show to date, according to Mindi Artherton, chamber executive director.
Over 145 car enthusiasts participated in the 25th annual event, which also drew hundreds of spectators to the downtown square in Cassville on Saturday.
"This year's Dogwood Festival was a huge success thanks to our outstanding committee and community support," said Artherton. "With nearly 150 entries, it was far larger than last year, and we could not have hoped for a better turn out.
"It was a great event for people locally along with the hundreds of people that came in from out of town," said Artherton. "Our 25th show was one to remember."
Around 50 participants preregistered for this year's car show, and nearly 100 additional participants registered on Saturday morning, bringing the total number of festival entries to 147.
"The Donut Gang, from Bella Vista, Ark., had 20 entries in the show and won the Largest Car Club Award," said Artherton. "The Cassville Country Cruisers came in a close second with 18 entries."
The award was sponsored by Seven Valleys Construction.
Ben Harrington, of Owasso, Okla., earned the Furthest Traveled Award. Harrington rode his 2003 American Ironhorse Texas Chopper 190 miles to attend the festival.
"Lloyd and Mary Brownback trailered their 1955 Chevy Belair over 200 miles from Mound City, Kan., and won the Furthest Trailered Award," said Artherton.
The Furthest Travelled Award was sponsored by The Arc Shop, and the Furthest Trailered Award was sponsored by Vollenweider Metal Works.
Car show awards were given out throughout the day. Entries were judged by the local award sponsors and members of the Mid American Association of Car Clubs.
All of the car show winners are listed below:
* Show Stopper, sponsored by Baywash car wash: Frank Pope, Grove, Okla., 1958 Chevy Apache pickup.
* Best Work in Progress, sponsored by O'Reilly Auto Parts and Carquest Auto Parts: Russ Pendergraft, Cassville, 1972 Monte Carlo.
* State Representative Award, sponsored by First State Bank: Ron Breeden, Bella Vista, Ark., 1956 Chevy.
* Barry County Sheriff Award, sponsored by Freedom Bank of Southwest Missouri: Robert DeVore, Bentonville, Ark., 1970 Mopar Roadrunner.
* Cassville Chief of Police Award, sponsored by Able 2 Products: Betty Owens, Eureka Springs, Ark., convertible.
* Cassville Mayor Award, sponsored by Ellis, Cupps and Cole: Denny Johnstone, Bella Vista, Ark., 1936 Packard 120 convertible.
* Most Unique Motorcycle, sponsored by Cassville Motor Inn: Duane Swatoch, Webb City, 2008 Can Am Spyder.
* Most Unique Car or Truck, sponsored by Hometown Mortgage: Jody Cook, Joplin, 1968 Chevy Camaro SS.
* Best Engine, sponsored by Gautney's Garage: Vancil Riddlesperger, Berryville, Ark., 1955 Chevrolet Belair.
* Best Interior, sponsored by Carefree Auto Body: Jim McMillen, Bella Vista, Ark., 1965 Chevrolet Corvette.
* Best Paint, sponsored by Cassville Auto Body: Gene Addington, Decatur, Ark., 1967 Chevy Corvette.
* Best GM or Chevy, sponsored by Ken's Collision Center: Ron Downs, Bella Vista, Ark., 1972 Chevy Chevelle SS.
* Best Ford, Mercury or Lincoln, sponsored by Les Jacobs Ford-Mercury: Floyd and Karen Adams, Vinita, Okla., 1957 Ford Thunderbird.
* Best MOPAR, sponsored by Country Dodge Chrysler: Judy Reeves, Bella Vista, Ark., 1961 Plymouth Fury.
* Best Presentation, sponsored by B & K Auto Body: Renee Hopkins, Cassville, 2004 Dodge 3500.
* Antique cars, 1900 to 1947: Gary Poe, Eagle Rock, 1935 Ford Sedan.
* Classic cars, 1948 to 1972: Stan Shultz, Washburn, 1968 Chevy Covair, first place; and Estel Landreth, Eagle Rock, 1957 Chevy Belair, second place.
* Stock cars, 1973 to 1995: Sunny Jackson, Little Flock, Ark., 1988 Ford Mustang.
* Trucks, 1900 to 1972: Mike Martin, Clever, 1941 Ford Pand Delivery, first place; and Dennis Whithead, Shell Knob, 1953 GMC, second place.
* Trucks, 1973 to 1995: Glenda Rose, Washburn, 1994 Chevy pickup.
* Modified trucks, 1900 to current: Frank Pope, Grove, Okla., 1958 Chevy Apache, first place; and Darrell and Carol Scribner, Diamond, 1941 Chevy pickup.
* Street machines and hot rods, 1900 to current: Rick and Tricia Walden, Farmington, Ark., 1931 Ford Model A Coupe, first place; and Nathan Lowe, Rocky Comfort, 1941 Willy's Coupe, second place.
* Current Trucks and Cars, 1996 to current: Cliff Reeves, Bella Vista, Ark., 2005 Chevy SSR, first place; and Richard Auerheimer, Cassville, 2000 AUER Auto, second place.
* Muscle cars, 1946 to 1973: Troy Lundy, Bentonville, Ark., 1968 Chevy Chevelle, first place; and Marty and Kathy Henry, Cassville, 1969 Chevy Chevelle, second place.
* Imports, 1900 to current: Kim and Ron Patrick, Cassville, 1954 MGT Replica, first place; and Stuart Holman, Cassville, 1959 VW dune buggy, second place.
* C1 and C2 Corvettes, 1953 to 1967: Rick Mrstik, Shell Knob, 1963 Chevy Corvette, first place; and Gene Addington, Decatur, Ark., 1967 Chevy Corvette, second place.
* C3 Corvettes, 1968 to 1982: Roger Bawny, Verona, 1968 Chevy Corvette, first place; and Charles Pritchett, Marionville, 1980 Chevy Corvette, second place.
* C4 Corvettes, 1984 to 1996: Joe Shipman, Monett, 1990 Chevy Corvette, first place; and Mike Arcand, Harrison, Ark., 1984 Chevy Corvette, second place.
* C5 Corvettes, 1997 to 2004: Sam and Harold Hill, Nixa, 2001 Chevy Corvette, first place; and Tom Bolend, Forsyth, 1998 Chevy Coupe, second place.
* C6 Corvettes, 2005 to current: Alan Stewart, Springdale, Ark., 2010 Chevy LT1 Coupe, first place; and Eric and Allison Elliott, Bella Vista, Ark., 2005 Chevy Corvette, second place.
* Camaro or Firebird, 1967 to 1981: Jody Cook, Joplin, 1968 Chevy Camaro, first place; and Rex Lizer, Garnett, Kan., 1969 Chevy Camaro, second place.
* Camaro or Firebird, 1982 to current: Mark Rogers, Bella Vista, Ark., 1997 Chevy Camaro.
* M1 Mustangs, 1965 to 1973: Betty Owens, Eureka Springs, Ark., 1964 1/2 Mustang, first place; and Don Sisco, Bentonville, Ark., 1965 Mustang, second place.
* M2 Mustangs, 1974 to current: John and Ruth Verbrugge, Eagle Rock, 2008 Mustang KR, first place; and Royal Carnes, Rogers, Ark., 1997 Mustang M2, second place.
* MOPAR, 1900 to 1959, Floyd Beck, Cassville, 1950 Plymouth.
* MOPAR, 1960 to 1975: Don Erickson, Shell Knob, 1966 Plymouth Barracuda, first place; and Robert Devore, Bentonville, Ark., 1970 MOPAR Roadrunner, second place.
* MOPAR, 1976 to current: Chad Sprinkle, Cassville, 2006 Dodge Magnum SRT 8, first place; and Chuck Leffler, Bella Vista, Ark., 1999 Plymouth Prowler, second place.
*Motorcycles: Jim and Dianna Owens, Cassville, 2006 Trike Shop Roadhawk, first place; and Ken Coy, Columbus, Kan., 1963 Harley ULH, second place.
* Rat rods: Danny and Jewel Towles, Bella Vista, Ark., 1939 Chevy Master DLX, first place; and Clint Hoppes, Exeter, 1949 Ford Sedan, second place.
* Dogwood Dozen: Mike Marrs, Bella Vista, Ark., 1954 Ford F100 pickup; Carmine Androsiglio, Cassville, 1953 Mercury; Larry Aeverman, Cassville, 1966 Volkswagon hot rod; Billy Ellis, Cassville, 1971 Dodge pickup; LaVene Kivette, Hollister, 1950 Oldsmobile Sedan; Leon Carnes, Tulsa, Okla., 1934 Ford Sedan; Royle Carnes, Rogers, Ark., 1939 Ford custom deluxe; Stuart Holman, Cassville, 1959 Volkswagon dune buggy; Keith Speer, Cassville, 2003 Harley Davidson; Marty and Kathy Henry, Cassville, 1969 Chevy Chevelle SS; Patti Daniels, Cassville, 2008 Chevrolet Corvette; and Ed Perriman, Cassville, 1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS.
Over a dozen Dogwood Festival Committee members and volunteers helped make this year's event successful. Committee members included: Darrin Jacobs, Larry Daniels, Ken and Perryleann Lingle, Kurt Berndt, Justin Gates, Raylene Hart, Heather Manwarren and Misha Blakely.