The Cassville Community Foundation (CCF) handed out grants totalling $3,600 to eight different local organizations on Tuesday.
The grants were made possible through the CCF's Grantmaking Endowment Fund, which now totals over $100,000.
"Our permanent grantmaking fund will be there and will continue to grow, and hopefully, we will be able to keep increasing the grant amounts," said Landon Fletcher, CCF board president. "This fund is due to the tremendous support we receive from local businesses and individuals."
The following organizations were awarded grants from the Cassville Community Grantmaking Endowment Fund:
* Cassville R-4 School District: $2,000 for the Discovery Center program that will provide science instruction to third and fifth grade students as well as professional development opportunities for teachers.
* Barry County Drug Court: $1,000 for the local treatment program.
* Boy Scout Troop #185: $600 for troop programs and summer camp expenses.
* The Cassville Branch of the Barry-Lawrence Regional Library: $500 for children's programs.
* Cassville Y: $500 for the Strong Kids campaign.
* Crowder College Cassville Center: $500 for student activities.
* Kornerstone: $250 for breast pump rentals through the Teen Moms program.
* Barry County Genealogical and Historical Society: $250 for Bayless-Salyer House restoration work.