The storms held off and a huge crowd gathered around the downtown Cassville Square for the 2010 Chili and Salsa Cook-Off and Fall Festival.
Chili tasting, kids activities, shopping and contests kept those attending the festival busy throughout the day-long event.
Winners in the various categories of the chili cook-off are as follows:
* Corporate division: Freedom Bank, first place; St. John's Clinic-Cassville, second place; and Jimmy's Pre-Owned, third place.
* Community division: Cassville United Methodist Church, first place; Barry County Republican Club, second place; and Emmanuel Baptist Church, third place.
* Salsa division: Barry County Republican Club, first place; Eric Rosenblad, second place; and Cassville Lions Club, third place.
* Miscellaneous awards: people's choice chili, Tressame Jines; people's choice salsa, Barry County Republican Club; most decorated booth, Emmanuel Baptist Church; and most spirited booth, Cassville United Methodist Church.
* Chili Appreciation Society International (CASI) division: JR Johnson, first; Freedom Bank, second; Eric Rosenblad, third; Steve Shepherd, fourth; Barry County Republican Club, fifth; Barry Electric Cooperative, sixth; Emmanuel Baptist Church, seventh; St. John's Clinic, Cassville, eighth; Spiritual Streams Fellowship, ninth; and Commerce Bank, 10th.
* CASI showmanship: Eric Rosenblad, first; Emmanuel Baptist Church, second; and Barry Electric Cooperative, third.
Winner of this year's Chili Dog Challenge, sponsored by Sonic, was TJ Dickinson. Pet Parade winners were: Lai La Lu, owned by Della Stouder, most original; and Lilly, owned by Courtney and Aubrey Rasmussen, best costume.
Three-star sponsors for the Chili Cook-Off and Fall Festival were: Arning Company, Inc.; Barry Electric Cooperative; Commerce Bank; Fastrip; Freedom Bank; Security Bank; and Hutchens Construction.
Two-star sponsors were: Barry County Advertiser; Cassville Democrat; Century Link; City of Cassville; First State Bank; Latco; Les Jacobs Ford and Mercury; Runnels Chiropractic; Shelter Insurance; Sports World; St. John's Home Health, Hospice and Medical Supply; St. John's Hospital; State Farm Insurance; and Whitley's Pharmacy.
One-star sponsors were: Accents-N-Tents; Angel and Company, P.C.; Barry County Abstract and Title; Brattin Insurance; Farm Bureau; LeCompte Building Center; Neill's Home Store; Thompson Real Estate; and Willis Insurance.