The event, which continues to grow in popularity, consisted of a 400-yard swim, a 15-mile bike ride and a three-mile run. The triathlon began and ended at the Cassville Aquatic Center.
According to Stacy McKenzie, race director, the event attracted 34 individual competitors and two teams. The top finishers in each division are listed below.
* Overall male winner: Tom Morrison, 54, of Aurora, 1:16:11.
* Overall female winner: Cynthia Hughes, 51, of Springfield, 1:40:18.
* Masters male: Randy Featherston, 58, of Rogers, Ark., 1:17:15.
* Masters female: Pauline Mohler, 44, of Bentonville, Ark., 1:48:35.
* 15 to 19-year-old males: Caleb Huffman, 16, of Rolla, 1:26:18; and Micah Miller, 17, of Monett, 1:34:51.
* 20 to 29-year-old males: Jeramy Pense, 28, of Ozark, 1:26:07; Daniel King, 27, of Pryor, Okla., 1:40:18; and Kevin Calderon, 26, of Bentonville, Ark., 1:47:11.
* 20 to 29-year-old females: Angela Pederson, 29, of Monett, 1:56:00; Rebecca Anton, of Forsyth, 1:58:15; and Mandy Sayer, of Bentonville, Ark., 1:58:48.
* 30 to-39-year-old males: Brad Hamman, 34, of Verona, 1:23:06; Austin Simpson, 30, of Springdale, Ark., 1:26:22; and Dustin Miller, 38, of Diamond, 1:27:50.
* 30 to 39-year-old females: Jennifer Rhymer, 30, of Monett, 1:43:01.
* 40 to 49-year-old males: Jason Johnson, 40, of Gentry, Ark., 1:22:02; Jeff Vincent, 49, of Willard, 1:23:36; and Michael Williams, 43, of St. Robert, 1:32:04.
* 40 to 49-year-old females: Elissa McVey, 46, of Verona, 2:02:14.
* 50 to 59-year-old males: Dennis Noel, 54, of Rolla, 1:18:43; and Kenny McDougle, 56, of Pittsburg, Kan., 1:35:32.
* Team division: Josh Rollins, Vincent Tichenor and Will Hansen, first place, 1:10:24.
"We would als like to send special thanks to all volunteers and our sponsors," said McKenzie. "Thanks for making it a successful event."
This year's "Y" Not "Tri" spring triathlon sponsors included: Subway; Baywash Car Wash; Starting Block of Springfield; Geraldi's restaurant in Cassville; Cassville YMCA; and Price Cutters-Ramey supermarket.