By Travis Mounce
* Lady Tigers crush Reeds Spring. The Lady Tigers of Exeter dominated the court last Monday, Feb. 2 as they delivered a 68-43 loss to the hosting Lady Wolves. The Lady Tigers improved their record to 17-1 with high-scorer Whitney Edie topping the figures for Exeter at 23 points for the night.
* Lady Bulldogs come up short against Verona. Wheaton went up against Verona on Feb. 2, only to find themselves going home with a loss by narrow margins. The Lady Bulldogs were only able to control one period of game-play and wound up losing 54-50. Brooke Forgey was the only Lady Bulldog to hit double-digits with 18 points for the night.
* Diamond KOs Southwest. The Lady Wildcats of Diamond proved too much for the Southwest Lady Trojans to handle as Diamond took charge in the second half of the match to secure a 52-49 victory. Kelsey Henry tallied the top figures for Southwest at 19 points, while Kristie Ickes and Chelsea Sneed also contributed double figures at 15 and 14 points respectively.
* Lady Eagles decimate Thomas Jefferson. The Lady Cavaliers felt the sting of defeat at the hands of the Purdy Lady Eagles last Friday.
Purdy held the lead throughout the game, scoring an amazing 35 points in the first period, then going on to win it 66-27. Addy Roller put up 17 points for Purdy, and Shelby White accumulated 16 for the evening.
* Wheaton defeats East Newton. The Lady Bulldogs were at it again last Friday, this time taking to the court against East Newton in a contest that saw the Lady Patriots falling short as they were handed a 27-22 loss by Wheaton. Forgey was Wheaton's top point-getter with 9 for the game.
* Eagles top Thomas Jefferson. The Purdy Eagles went up against the Thomas Jefferson Cavaliers last Monday and came away with yet another victory as they went on a fourth-period scoring spree to seal a 65-59 win over the Cavaliers. Mason Roller put up 26 points to lead the Eagles. Also contributing double-digits for Purdy were Trent Goetz with 13 points and Landon Terry and Kevin Terry with 10 apiece.
* Southwest annihilates Sarcoxie. Taking a 28-11 advantage early on, the Trojans never backed off until the Bears made a small, yet inadequate comeback in the fourth period, inevitably falling to Southwest 93-54. Josh Hartin put in 27 points for Southwest, Levi Roberts was good for 23 points, Austin Rettman hit for 14 points, and Skyler Knoll accumulated 13 points for the evening.
* Bulldogs fall to Trojans. Southwest smacked Wheaton with a 66-42 loss Feb. 3. The Trojans had a huge first half, scoring 39 points while holding the Bulldogs to a slim 14 points, making it too tough for Wheaton to come back in the later half of the game. Josh Hartin led Southwest with 18 points, while Donovan Bartkoski was the top scorer for Wheaton at 12 points for the night.
* Purdy climbs past Verona. The Eagles rose to the challenge last Tuesday against the Verona Wildcats, carving out a hard-fought 46-41 victory. Goetz and Terry were the leading shooters for Purdy with 18 and 11 points respectively.
* McAuley swats down Exeter. Although the Tigers played closely with the Warriors, they were unable to thwart a 22-point streak in the fourth period that put the Warriors up 54-45 for the final score. Zach Wubker topped the scores for Exeter with 17 points.
* Wildcats edge by Bulldogs. The Wheaton Bulldogs were unable to make up the slim difference last Friday as the Diamond Wildcats enjoyed a 45-41 victory over their guests. Donovan Bartkoski put up the most points for Wheaton with a total of 16 for the night.
* New Covenant Rolls over Exeter. The Exeter Tigers did not fare well against the Warriors of New Covenant. Despite finishing strong in the fourth period, they were unable to overcome the deficit and Exeter fell short with a final score of 51-35. Ryan Odenbrett was the leading scorer for the Tigers with 10 points.