The Southwest R-V School Board hired three new staff members at its regularly scheduled meeting on Dec. 11.
The board hired John Sullivan as a custodian and Larry Pogue and Lindsey Banks as substitute teachers for the remainder of the 2008-09 school year.
In new business, the board approved a science curriculum report, the audit services of Davis, Lynn and Moots, P.C. and several board policies. The board also voted to hold its next meeting at 7 p.m. on Jan. 15.
In other business, the Southwest R-V School Board:
* Heard a presentation on the Southwest Area Career Center.
* Accepted the 2007-08 annual audit report.
* Heard administrative reports, which included information on a recent music program, a new middle school tardy policy, preschool screening and the McDonald County boundary line issue.
* Approved evaluation reports on the district's transportation department and food service program.
* Amended the 2008-09 budget.
* Held a two-hour and 11-minute executive session to discuss personnel.