Wheaton updates school website
The Wheaton R-III School Board heard at its Oct. 16 meeting that administrators are working to update the district's website.
Wheaton's new website, which is hosted by Foundation for Educational Services Simplified Online Communication Systems, is designed to improve communication among district faculty and staff members, parents and the community.
The website, which is located at www.wheatonbulldogs.org, provides information on upcoming events, links to the elementary and high school daily bulletins, a school calendar and short articles on student achievements, field trips and other activities.
The district also has plans to add links to board policies, teacher web pages and public comment boards in the future.
In other business, the Wheaton R-III School Board:
* Approved the bus routes for the 2008-09 school year.
* Approved the local compliance plan certification statement.
*Hired Dawn Schlessman as a temporary part-time Title I aide.
*Heard administrative reports, which included a presentation on the Missouri Assessment Program (MAP).
* Approved the board planning and evaluation calendar.
* Approved the 2008-09 school year budget.
* Voted to replace the stage and step pads in the gymnasium.