Purdy increase meal prices for the 2008-09 school year
The Purdy R-II School Board voted to raise meal prices by 25 cents for the 2008-09 school year at its regularly scheduled meeting on July 21.
The new meal prices will be set as follows: elementary, middle and high school breakfast, $1; elementary lunch, $1.25; middle and high school lunch, $1.50; adult breakfast, $1.25; and adult lunch, $2. Reduced prices will be 55 cents for breakfast and 65 cents for lunch for all grade levels.
In old business, the board approved the district's current medical plan with an additional HSM option. The district also offers HMO and PPO coverage.
Insurance premiums for employees or their spouses will range between $291.01 and $472.40 depending on the type of coverage selected. Premiums for children will range from $218.28 to $354.31.
In new business, the board accepted a $4,150 bid for a 130-foot expansion of the high school entrance and a $6,184 bid for a concrete pad that will be placed on the west side of the new elementary addition between the elementary and high school buildings. The work will be completed by Swadley Construction, of Purdy.
The board also accepted a $20,434 bid from Hutchens Construction, of Cassville, to remove stumps and perform other preparation tasks for the two new parking areas that will be constructed east of the cafeteria and south of the middle school.
In other business, the Purdy R-II School Board:
* Accepted a letter of resignation from Neal Dent, transportation director.
* Approved the final amended budget for the 2007-08 school year.
* Set the out-of-district tuition rate at $4,000 per year or $2,000 per semester.
* Held a 36-minute executive session to evaluate the employment of non-certified staff and hired Rodney Tucker to serve as transportation director for the 2008-09 school year.
In June, the Purdy School Board:
* Hired the following new faculty and staff members: Lance Yarbro, high school math teacher; Cheryl Mitchell, middle school science teacher; David Still, bus driver; Angie Swadley, PAT (Parents as Teachers) educator; and Amanda Bowen and Tina Autrey, custodians.
* Re-appointed Stacey Williams as board secretary and Marsha Williams as district treasurer for the 2008-09 school year.
* Hired Goodin Firm to complete the district's asbestos re-inspection and surveillance.