The Southwest R-V School Board approved a list of substitute teachers, bus drivers and cooks at its regularly scheduled meeting on July 17.
The approved list of substitutes include: teachers Chris Branstatter, Rose Bray, Sabina Chapman, Connie Cross, Stacy Day, Stacy Delossantos, Penny Hall, John Harp, Reva Hayworth, Janeth Henbest, Rebecca Hinds, Janelle Hurn, Joyce Lahr, Magdalene Leadlay, Amy Miles, Jennifer Ragan, Robert Rogers, Pat Rippetoe, Lawrence Shuey, Joseph Snyder, Brandon Treadwell, Brenda Wells, Suzanne Williams and Joseph Zucca; bus drivers Freda Selby, Brandon Howard and James Townsend; and cooks Michelle Bernard, Marilyn Lawrence, Faye Robbins, Jody Deerborne and Lisa Henderson.
The board also hired Karen Alley as a full-time cook, Stasha Curry as a part-time cook and Tabitha Richardson as a teacher.
In other business, the Southwest R-V School Board:
* Reviewed the goals, objectives and effectiveness of the summer school program.
* Set a tax rate hearing to be held at 6:30 p.m. on Aug. 14.
* Approved the Southwest Area Career Center contract for the 2008-09 school year.
* Set the district's tuition rate at $6,500.
* Heard administrative reports, which included information on summer school.