On July 14, the Seligman City Council heard that over $1,200 has been raised for parks, recreation and community youth programs this summer.
Summer Fest 2008, which was held June 13, brought in $803, and the horseshoe tournament that was held in conjunction with the annual community festival raised $120. The city also received $345 from Countryside Cafe and Our Place, which sponsored a poker run for the city's recreation programs.
The aldermen expressed appreciation for all of the donations and community support.
In other business, the Seligman City Council:
* Reviewed the monthly police department report, which showed 24 speeding and equipment citations, seven speeding and equipment warnings and six arrests.
* Approved Officer Ron Martin's work schedule and voted to offer him health insurance benefits.
* Heard that Seligman will sponsor a city-wide garage sale on Aug. 9.
* Heard that the Seligman Library is now open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Volunteer Gene Losey will offer assistance during open hours.
* Heard that some Seligman Museum items will be loaned to the Barry County Museum.