Exeter approves salary schedule
The Exeter R-VI School Board approved a certified staff salary schedule for the 2008-09 school year at its regularly scheduled meeting on June 9.
The new schedule increases the base salary for teachers with one to four years of experience by $500. For example, the salary for a teacher who has earned a bachelor's degree and has up to one year of experience will increase from $27,000 to $27,500 per year.
The salary for teachers with five to 11 years of experience will increase between $700 and $1,900 per year. Teachers with over 11 years of experience will receive a $2,100 salary increase.
Other salary steps have been built into the certified staff salary schedule for teachers who have received additional college credit or earned a master's or specialist's degree.
In other business, the Exeter R-VI School Board:
* Heard administrative reports.
* Approved a $29,768.21 payment to Springfield Builders Incorporated (SBI).
* Set the bus drivers' pay schedule at $9 per hour with a four-hour minimum and a $100 maximum per day.
* Voted to give teachers' aides a $500 salary raise.
* Adopted the 2008-09 school year budget.
* Approved a contract with the Southwest Area Career Center in Monett for vocational educational services.
* Held an executive session, which included a discussion about a resignation.