ER man killed in crash on Hwy. 86
An Eagle Rock man was killed in a one-vehicle crash on Highway 86 one mile east of Eagle Rock on Saturday.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, the crash occurred as a 1999 Pontiac Gran Prix, driven by Eli Taylor, 29, travelled off the left side of the roadway, struck a ditch and overturned.
Taylor was pronounced dead at the scene by Barry County's deputy coroner. Taylor's body was transported to White Funeral Home in Cassville.
The Patrol report indicated that Taylor was not wearing a seat belt when the crash occurred at 1:55 a.m.
Other traffic crashes
* On Sunday, a Golden man was seriously injured in a three-vehicle crash on Highway 86 in Eagle Rock. The crash occurred when a 2005 Harley Davidson motorcycle, driven by Paul Standard, 48, was stopped to make a left turn. A 1999 Nissan Maxima, driven by Mark Herda, 53, of Golden, skidded into the rear of Standard's motorcycle and then ran off the roadway and struck a 1997 Ford Thunderbird, driven by Juanita Kovacs, 62, of Eureka Springs, Ark., which was stopped in a parking lot. Standard was taken to St. John's Hospital in Berryville, Ark. Herda and Kovacs were not injured in the crash, which occurred at 10:50 a.m.
* A Cassville woman was moderately injured in a two-vehicle crash on Highway 86 three miles east of Cassville on Tuesday. The crash occurred as a 2005 Nissan Quest van, driven by Kartina Lemons-Maggard, 22, crossed the center line and struck the side of a 1994 Freightliner dump truck, driven by Freddy Stephens, 45, of Diamond. Lemons-Maggard was taken by ambulance to St. John's Hospital-Cassville. Stephens was not injured in the crash, which occurred at 9:35 a.m.
* Last Wednesday, a Wheaton teen and a Purdy woman sustained moderate injuries in a two-vehicle crash on Highway 37 one half mile north of Purdy. The crash occurred as a 2001 Kia Sephia, driven by Jennifer Nichols, 23, pulled into the path of a 1990 Chevrolet Suburban, driven by William Gunter, 39, of Wheaton. Nichols and Gunter's passenger, Tanessa Gunter, 17, were transported to Cox Monett Hospital. William Gunter was not injured in the crash, which occurred at 7:35 p.m.
* A Seligman teen was moderately injured in a two-vehicle crash on County Road 2290 one and a half miles east of Seligman on Friday. The crash occurred as a 2003 Honda motorcycle, driven by Scott Reed, 13, that was westbound in the eastbound lane struck a 2003 Hyundai, driven by Courtney Wilson, 17, of Seligman, head on. Reed was airlifted to Cox South Hospital in Springfield. Wilson was not injured in the crash, which occurred at 7:40 p.m.
* On Sunday, a Cassville man and an Aurora man sustained minor injuries in a one-vehicle crash on Farm Road 1215 one mile south of Jenkins. The crash occurred as a 1987 Chevrolet, driven by Kevin Burwell, 22, of Cassville, ran off the roadway, struck an embankment and overturned. Burwell and his passenger Calonese Tolbert, 31, of Aurora, were transported to St. John's Hospital-Cassville. The crash occurred at 8:35 p.m.